Email Security : The spam protection functionality of Zoho eProtect ("Email Security") acts as (i) an email security gateway for your emails; and (ii) the first line of defense against unsolicited emails and diverse advanced threats. Zoho eProtect enables you to customize the configurations relating to spam-processing according to the requirements of your organization in order to prevent advanced threats such as brand forgery and zero-day attacks.
Email Archival : The email archival functionality of Zoho eProtect ("Email Archival") allows you to archive and retain a copy of the emails of your organization based on the retention policy configured by you. Email Archival also facilitates quick email searches for legal or compliance investigations.
Accessing Zoho eProtect
Zoho eProtect is a part of Zoho's suite of online collaboration, business and productivity applications. You will be able to access Zoho eProtect by using your common account for all Zoho Services (hereinafter “Zoho Account”).
Accessing Other Zoho Services
Other Zoho Services may be integrated with Zoho eProtect. Your Zoho Account will also allow you to access all Zoho Services even if such Zoho Services are not integrated with Zoho eProtect. Use of some of these Zoho Services may require acceptance of terms of service specific to such Zoho Services (hereinafter "Service Specific Terms"). You must read, understand and accept the Service Specific Terms before using the corresponding Zoho Service.
Third Party Email Services
In order to provide Email Security and Email Archival functionalities, Zoho eProtect is dependent on your email service providers, including their webhooks, APIs, systems, directories and databases for receiving or retrieval of your email data ("Third Party Email Services"). You understand and agree that Zoho is not liable for, (i) corruption or loss of email data; or (ii) the unavailability of Third Party Email Services due to, suspension, modification or discontinuance of services. You understand and agree that you will be responsible for complying with the terms and policies applicable to your use of such Third Party Email Services.
Filtering Unsolicited Emails
You acknowledge and agree that (i) the content and form of emails containing spam, viruses, malware and phishing attempts (collectively "Unsolicited Emails") are varied and dynamic; and (ii) Zoho does not warrant that the Email Security will identify and/or filter all Unsolicited Emails. Further, Zoho does not warrant that the Email Security will not misidentify and/or filter emails that may not be considered as Unsolicited Emails ("Legitimate Emails"). While Zoho will use commercially reasonable efforts to deliver Legitimate Emails to and from your email inboxes, there may be a delay in delivery of Legitimate Emails due to reasons that are beyond Zoho's reasonable control. You understand and agree that Zoho cannot be held responsible for delay or non-delivery of Legitimate Emails.
By using Zoho eProtect you agree that,
- You will be solely responsible for (a) obtaining appropriate consents and/or authorizations required to archive and retain emails within your organization; and (b) ensuring that the configurations and retention policies implemented by you in Zoho eProtect comply with applicable laws, regulations and your compliance requirements.
- You will not use Zoho eProtect in conjunction with Third Party Email Services that facilitate delivery of machine generated messages or bulk or Unsolicited Emails;
- You will not archive and retain emails in Zoho eProtect which you are not authorised to or are not within your legal right to archive and retain;
- You will not access or attempt to access any user's emails without requisite permission or authorisation;
- You will not modify the configuration settings in Zoho eProtect to send Unsolicited Emails in such a way that affects the reputation of Zoho eProtect servers.
- You will not create undue load on Zoho's servers or abuse Zoho's bandwidth;
- You will not permit direct or indirect access to or use of Zoho eProtect in a way that circumvents the usage limits or license restrictions of Zoho eProtect;
In order to prevent abuse of Zoho eProtect and possible violation of the Terms, Zoho reserves the right to throttle or limit the volume of emails delivered or received through Zoho eProtect by (i) delaying the delivery of emails; or (ii) temporarily rejecting email delivery requests from your or any third party email service providers.
Email Record Deletion
You acknowledge and agree that Zoho will permanently erase copies of archived emails depending on your subscription plan and the configuration of your Zoho eProtect. Zoho has no obligation to retain such records beyond the applicable retention period and you are solely responsible for the disposition of emails after the retention period.
Usage and Storage Limits
Zoho may prescribe usage and storage limits based on the subscription plan chosen by you. You must make sure that your usage is within the limits prescribed by Zoho in order to avail uninterrupted service. You understand that Zoho may restrict an activity if you reach the usage or storage limit corresponding to such activity.