1. What is Zoho Writer?
Zoho Writer is an online word processor that allows you to create and share documents online. You need not install any software in your desktop, all you need is just a browser and an internet connection for working with Zoho Writer.
2. What can I do with Zoho Writer?
Zoho Writer is loaded with a rich set of functionalities. You can:
- Create, format documents online with a powerful WYSIWYG editor
- Access, edit, and share (by email address) documents online from anywhere with whomever you choose
- Periodic auto-saving of your documents to prevent data loss
- Download documents to your desktop as DOC,DOCX, PDF, ODT, RTF, TXT and HTML after editing in ZohoWriter
- Upload Documents in DOC,DOCX, ODT, RTF,HTML and TXT formats for editing.
- Post your documents to your blogs (Blogger, LiveJournal, Typepad, WordPress etc)
- View, edit and save documents available on the web directly without the need to download documents to your desktop & then open them using desktop-based software
- View your documents revision history, compare versions and revert to any version of your choice
- Publish your documents online for public view
- Edit your documents even when you don't have an Internet connection in offline mode. This is particularly useful when you're without Internet
- View your documents' revision history and roll back to any version
3. What browsers does Zoho Writer support?
Zoho Writer supports the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 9 & above
- Firefox 5.0+ or later
- Google Chrome 7.0 or later
- Safari 5.0 or later
- Opera 12
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open an IE browser window and select Tools > Internet Options...
- Click on the Security tab
- Click on the Custom Level button present in Security tab
- Scroll down and search for the section named Scripting
- Scripting section will have a sub-section named Active Scripting
- Under Active Scripting select the radio button Enable and click OK
- Open a Firefox browser window and select Tools > Options...
- Select the Content tab
5. I can't sign in to Zoho Writer account even after entering details. What am I doing wrong?
If you are not able to sign in to the Zoho Writer account, there could be two possibilities:
- Either the Zoho Writer account ID (user name or email ID) is incorrect.
- Or you have keyed in an incorrect password (remember, the password is case-sensitive).
Please check if your Caps Lock button (On/Off) in the keyboard before typing in your password. In case you have forgotten your password, try using the "Forgot your password" link available in the login page to reset it.
6. Browser shows error on page and I am unable to access documents in Zoho Writer. What's wrong?
At times it has been observed that due to some browser cache problem, Zoho Writer scripts do not load fully and hence the documents are not displayed. To get around this problem, please clear your browser cache, reload it and then try accessing Zoho Writer with your Zoho account credentials. One other reason could be some firewall setting either on your PC or on your proxy that can cause this problem. Please try logging into to Zoho Writer from a different PC as an initial check to ensure that it is not a system specific problem. You can also try disabling the firewall settings and try logging in to Zoho Writer. In case the issue still persists, kindly send us the screenshot of the browser error to firstname.lastname@example.org for further analysis.
7. How do I change the UI Language of Zoho Writer?
You can change the language settings by doing the following steps:
- Log on to your Zoho account at: https://accounts.zoho.com/, click on the 'Personal Information' link present on the left-hand panel.
- You can see 'Locale' section of your profile tab where you can see list of languages in language drop down menu.Choose the language of your choice and click save to proceed .
- Then move to Zoho Writer(https://writer.zoho.com) and you will get the localized version.
8.How do I Report a Problem on Zoho Writer?
You can report any problem that you face with Zoho Writer by posting here and we will respond to them.
9. How do I Send Feedback to Zoho Writer?
To send feedback to Zoho Writer:
- Click on the Settings icon(icon required) on the top right hand side
- From the drop-down menu click on the Feedback option
- Enter you feedback in the feedback pop-up
- Click on Save
You can post your feature requests here