What is Zoho Docs?
Zoho Docs is an Online Document Management system where you can store all your files securely in a centralized location and can access them from any where and from any device.
You can upload, store, create, edit, share, and view any type of files like documents, spreadsheets, presentations, pictures, music, videos, etc. Our advanced collaboration tools such as Shared Folders, Tasks and Groups will provide a collaborative environment for you and your team. You can also collaborate on documents in real-time, which is useful when you work as a team.
To know more about our features, please check out our Overview page.
What can I do with Zoho Docs?
Zoho Doc's online storage, shareability, Productivity and collaboration options will help everyone within your business to collaborate effortlessly on documents. We make all your data available to you from any device, anywhere in the world.
Here's what you can do with Zoho Docs:
- Create new documents, spreadsheets and presentations online.
- Import and edit documents from your computer.
- Download/Export your online documents to your desktop in MS Office, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF, HTML, Zip file formats.
- Collaborate online in real time and chat with other collaborators - right from inside the documents.
To know more about editing documents with our office tools , the below links.
Online Collaboration :
- Share files online securely by setting different visibility options and user permissions.
- Create Shared folders, invite people to view, edit , upload files and collaborate.
- Review documents, post comments, chat with friends and colleagues.
- Create groups, share and collaborate in real-time.
To know more about our online collaboration tools, click here.
Document management :
- Check In/ check out shared files and maintain multiple versions for a document.
- Review, revert to older versions of a document anytime.
- View differences between versions.
- Perform full-text file searches
Online storage :
- Store all your files in a secure, centralized location.
- Access your data anywhere at any time from any device.
- Upload any documents, spreadsheets, presentations, pictures, music, videos, zip, PDF in any format.
- Store files in Folders and Sub-Folders
What browsers does Zoho Docs support?
Zoho Docs is compatible with all of the mostly used web browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari. To make sure you have the best experience possible, we recommend you to update your browser to its latest version.
You can click the below links to install or update your preferred browser :
What languages is Zoho Docs available in?
If you are a multi-language team, you can set the necessary language for every team member.
As of now, Zoho Docs is available in 10 different languages :
- If you wish to see your pages in your favorite language then send a request to email@example.com
How secure are my documents in Zoho Docs?
Your data is in safe hands. We have invested a lot of time and money to ensure that your information is secure and private. We offer security on multiple levels like :
- HTTPS support https://docs.zoho.com for Zoho Docs service.
- Hosting of Customer data in a secured Data Center
- Encryption of user credentials.
- While uploading a document in Zoho Docs the system will automatically scan for viruses. If the document contains any virus then the document will not be stored.
In fact your data is more secure than walking around with it on a laptop or even on your corporate desktops. You can read more about our security practices here
How much storage space does Zoho Docs offer?
Your Zoho Docs account comes with free storage space of up to 25 GB. You can get more space by upgrading to the Standard and Premium plans.
- Free : 5 GB / User
- Standard : 100 GB / User
- Premium : 1 TB / User
Also, we make it simple to get more users for your account. You can refer your friends to join Zoho Docs and gain free users for your account and thus gain more storage space.
What if I lose all my documents? How does Zoho Docs manage & backup data?
Do not worry. We strictly follow standard security guidelines at our data center and monitor our servers regularly. Regarding data management & backup, we at Zoho Docs replicate each document, so that even if one copy is lost, there is another live copy. We also backup data daily. So in the worst case scenario where we lose both copies due to some unforeseen circumstances, there is a daily backup from which we can restore.
How do I upload files from desktop?
There are three different methods of uploading files to Zoho Docs. The easiest one is the 'Drag & Drop'. You can simply drag the file or folder from your computer and drop it in the destination folder in Zoho Docs.
To upload bulk files (sizing more than 100 MB) from your computer :
- Click the down arrow in 'Upload' button and select 'Bulk Upload'.
- Choose the destination folder in the left side menu.
- Click on 'Select files to upload' to choose the files from your computer.
- Click on 'Start Upload' to start the upload.
A step by step walk-through for uploading files is available here.
I have accidentally deleted a document from the folder. How do I restore it?
Do not worry. It is exactly for this reason Zoho Docs does not delete a document at the first instance. Zoho Docs has a 'Trash Bin' option similar to the Macintosh's Trash and Windows Recycle bins.
The trash is a temporary storage for files that have been deleted by the user, but not yet permanently erased from the account. You can restore the deleted files to its original folder by selecting the files from the trash folder and clicking on the "Restore" button
A step by step walk-through for trashing/ restoring files is available here.