1.What types of documents can I create and upload in Zoho Writer?
Zoho Writer offers its users lots of flexibility in creating documents. Some of the ways that you can use to make documents are mentioned below:
- Create a document from scratch by clicking on the 'New' button and entering text in the editor.
- Import documents of various file types - Doc,Docx, Html,ODT RTF,TXT - from online or your desktop and edit them.
2.How do I adjust spacing between lines in my document?
To adjust line space between the lines of content:
- Click on 'Line Spacing' icon located next to 'Border and Shading' icon under 'Format' tab.
- Choose from among the 4 options - Single,1.2(Normal),1.5 Line & Double to set the line spacing.
3.Is there any word count feature available in Zoho Writer?
Yes, of course. Zoho Writer provides word as well as character count for a document. For finding the word & character count, type your content in Zoho Writer & click 'Save'button. You can see number of characters and words in your document with and without space by clicking on 'Word Count' button under the 'Review' tab.You can also view the number of words and characters at the bottom of the window.
4.Is spell-check feature available in Zoho Writer?
The spell-check feature is available in Zoho Writer. You can click on spell check (icon required), available under 'Review' Tab to check for misspelled words in the entire document. When spell check recognizes a word as misspelled, the word is underlined with a red line. You can get suggested words to replace for the same by clicking on those misspelled words or you can opt for 'Ignore' or 'Ignore All' option. You can also set your desired language as default one using 'Settings' option located above the editor or else you can choose the language at the time of carrying out a spell check, from the drop down menu, associated with the spell check option.
5.How do I print documents from Zoho Writer?
You can print documents from Zoho Writer by clicking on the File button on the top left hand side of the page, and choosing the print option you require.
6.Is there any provision to insert special characters in Zoho Writer?
Yes,you can insert special characters in Zoho Writer. For inserting special characters inside a document:
- Click on the Insert tab and from the drop-down menu click on the Special Characters option(icon required)
- A pop-up layer will appear with a set of special characters.
- View the description on each of these special character by placing a cursor over it.
- Click on the special character you want to insert into your document.
7.Does Zoho Writer have an option to include Smart Quotes inside a document?
Yes, it has. You can include Smart Quotes inside your document using 'Quotes' option available under the 'Insert' tab Just click on the option and choose the quote you require.
8.Does Zoho Writer have Change case conversion option?
Yes.Change case feature is available in Zoho writer under, which you can find by clicking on the Format tab. You can do case conversion for selection of texts to Lowercase,Uppercase,Capitalize and Normal as of now.
9.How do I change the ruler from inches to mm ?
To change ruler from inches to settings:
- Click on the icon (icon required) next to username on the top right hand side of the page
- Click on Settings
- A pop-up window will appear. In the Units section click on the drop down menu and select mm
- Click on the Save button
10.How do I apply table themes to my table?
To apply themes to tables:
- Place your cursor in the existing table
- A Table button appear at the top
- Click on the button and in the drop down menu click on Theme
- Choose the theme you require for your table