How do I share a folder?
Zoho Docs allows you to share folders with individuals or a group by entering their email addresses or group names. You can also assign either Read Only or Read/Write permissions to the recipients.
To share a folder follow these simple steps mentioned below:
- Select a folder.
- Click Share icon from the tool-bar.
- In the Share Settings dialog box, enter group name or email ID of the recipient you want to share a folder with.
- Specify the user permission (Read Only or Read/write).
- Click Share.
How do I share a folder as a link?
Folders in Zoho Docs can be shared instantly as a link. All you need to do is select the folder and then click Share from the tool bar. Zoho Docs automatically generates permalink for all the files and folders. You can send that link via email just by clicking Send via Email from Share Settings dialog box.
If the same file is modified by two collaborators simultaneously, how do the changes reflect?
Two or more collaborators can edit a file simultaneously. The changes made by both collaborators will be saved automatically and it will be in a collaborative mode (i.e Changes made by one collaborator will be visible to other in real-time). However, the latter changes will overwrite the former.
How do I change access permission for the folders that I have shared already?
Folders shared by you will either have Read only or Read/Write access permission. Zoho Docs allows you to change the access permission anytime.
To change the access permission follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Select a folder.
- Click More from tool bar
- Select Properties.
- From the pop-up, click Share Details tab.
- In the new pop-up, move the cursor on the permission seen next to member email address and click on Edit icon.
- Select Yes to change the user access permission.
Can I change access permission for the sub-folders and files of the shared folder?
No, you cannot change the permissions for the sub-folders and files in folder. Permission of the main folder or parent folder will be inherited to all sub-folders and files in folder.
Can I copy the shared folder to my personal folder?
Yes, folders shared with you can be copied to your personal folder. Click the copy icon.The folder will still be available under 'Shared with Me list even after copying. However, changes made in a shared folder will not reflect in the personal folder.
How safe are my folders when shared with non-Zoho users?
You can password-protect your folder and share it externally with others outside your organization. This will ensure that the folder is accessed by the right person. On password-protecting your folder, the person with whom you have shared the folder can access the folder only by entering password set by you for which the person has to contact you personally.
How do I cancel sharing?
To cancel sharing follow these simple steps mentioned below:
- Select the folder.
- Right-click and select Properties option from the drop down menu.
- A dialog box appears, click on Share Details tab.
- Shared details will be displayed, cancel sharing using the X (Remove) present beside each user.
- The folder will get removed for shared users and they will no longer be able to access it.
How do I leave a shared folder?
You can anytime leave a shared folder with Remove Share option or deleting it.
Remove Share: Right-click on the folder and select Remove Share from the drop-down list.
Delete : Select the folder and click Trash/Remove icon from tool-bar.
Remember, once you remove share you can no longer access it. To have access to the folder once again, you have to contact the owner of the folder.
Can I once again share the folder with others, which is already shared with me?
You cannot share the folder directly with others from document list under Shared with Me. You have to either copy or move the folder into your personal folder and then share it with others.
Can I add new files or folders into the shared folder?
Users with Read/Write permission only can add new files and folders to the shared folder. All shared users will be notified whenever a new folder or file is added. You can add new documents, spreadsheets, presentations or folder by just selecting the folder from Shared with Me document listing and click Create seen on top left-side. All new files or folders will have same sharing permission as that of parent folder.
Can I change the ownership of the folder?
Only users with administrator privilege can change the ownership of the folder. To change the ownership of the folder follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Login as administrator in Zoho Docs.
- Click Settings icon at the top-right corner near your username.
- Select Settings from the drop-down list.
- Click Admin Governance tab > Change Folder Ownership
- Enter the Email ID or user name to find all the folders created by the specific user and click Submit.
- Select the check-box near the folder for which you want to change ownership and click Change Ownership
How do I move the shared folders into my personal folder?
You can move the sub-folders and files in folder shared with you to any destination folders (i.e personal folders, other shared folders, etc). Once you move the folder, shared users of that folder will no longer be able to access it. Only users with Read/Write permission will be allowed to move the folders from the shared folder.
To move the folder follow these simple steps mentioned below:
- Select a folder and click to open.
- Click Move icon from tool-bar.
- From the Move dialog box, choose the destination folder where you want to move the shared folder.
- Click Move.
Sub-folders and files moved will be listed under the respective destination folders and will be removed from the shared folder.
You can also move your personal folders to shared folders.