Publishing an Extension
Once you've finished building your extension, it must be published to make it available for customers. The Zoho Developer Console gives you two options to publish your extension
By default, all extensions are private when they are first published. This means they are only accessible if a user has the installation URL. If you choose not to list your extensions on the Zoho Marketplace, you can sell them through your own independent system.
To publish your extension
- In the Extensions for Zoho CRM page, click Edit below the extension you would like to publish.
- Click Publish on the Extensions Details page.
Before doing so, we advise you to test your extension, to ensure that it functions as intended.
- A window will open listing every component you've added to the extension.
If you are publishing an upgrade for an existing extension, only components added to the new version will be displayed.
- Write a short description of your extension in the Release Notes field and click Publish.
Once your extension has been published, you can share this extension with your customers in 2 ways:
- You will get a link as shown in the image below, that can be shared with your customers or end users through emails or other sources. You can also embed this link in your website and sell them in your own ways.
- Alternatively, you can also share this extension link by clicking the Share this Extension option in the Extension Details page. This will open the Share Extension dialog box with an email template that contains an installation link for the extension. Provide the email addresses of the customers to whom this mail has to be sent and click Share.
Once you've published your extension, you have the option to make it publicly available to all Zoho CRM users by listing it in Zoho Marketplace. However, your extension first has to clear our review process .
To submit your extension to Zoho marketplace
- After you've published your extension, select the checkbox labelled List this Extension in the Zoho Extension Marketplace and click OK.
- You will receive a mail with a link to the submission form. Fill out the submission form and upload all necessary details such as your support extension, logo, screenshots, documentation, etc.
- After submitting the form, our marketplace team will send you an email regarding the status of your extension.
- After submission, you'll see Waiting for approval in the Marketplace status column in Extension Details page.
- The review process usually takes 24-48 hours. Once it has been approved by the team the Marketplace Status will change to Approved and the extension will be listed in the marketplace. You will also receive an email notifying the same.
To know more about our approval process and guidelines, click here .