Workflow Field Updates
Field Update helps you automatically update certain field values in the records, when the associated workflow rule is triggered.
To create field updates
- Log in to Zoho Developer console and click CRM for Verticals.
- In the Vertical CRM page, select the application you'd like to modify and click Edit.
- In the App Details Page, click Automate in the left pane and click Workflow.
- Select the Field Updates tab at the top of the page and click Configure Field Updates.
- In the New Workflow Field Update page, do the following:
- Enter a Name for the field update.
- Select the Module from the drop-down list.
You can also update the field values of the related parent records associated to the record selected for workflow rule. For example: While creating workflow rules for Contacts, you will be able to update the fields of the parent Account records too.
- From the Update drop-down list, select the field you'd like to update, then input the value you'd like to change it to.
- Click Save.
- Workflow Field Updates cannot be associated to a workflow rule if the Execution Criteria selected for a rule is 'Delete'.
- You can associate a maximum of 3 field updates to each action (Instant and Time Based Actions).
- Using workflow field updates, the owner of the record can be changed. If the user to be assigned is inactive or unconfirmed, the workflow field update will not be executed.
- From within a workflow rule, you can also create Workflow Field Updates to update parent record's fields.
Record Type Parent Records That You Can Update Contacts Accounts, Vendors Potentials Accounts, Campaigns, Contacts Cases Products, Accounts, Potentials, Contacts Solutions Products Products Vendors Quotes Contacts, Accounts, Potentials Sales Order Contacts, Accounts, Potentials, Quotes Purchase Orders Contacts, Vendors Invoices Accounts, Sales Orders, Contacts