Does Zoho Invoice support barcode scanning? If yes, how does it work?
Yes, Zoho Invoice supports barcode scanning in the web app, as well as the Android mobile app. Here is how it works in the web app:
- Prerequisite: You have to key in the bar code of the item as the SKU of said item in Zoho Invoice.
- Open any transaction (that involves an item) of your preference, and place your cursor in the Item Details field.
- Scan the barcode of the item. You’ll see that the item will be highlighted from the Item Details drop-down.
- Press Enter or click on the item to add it to your transaction.
Note: Barcodes of length longer than 10 characters are only supported.
To use barcode scanning in the Android mobile app,
- Prerequisite: You have to key in the bar code of the item as the SKU of said item in the Zoho Invoice app.
- Open any transaction that involves an item and press Add Line item.
- Press Select Item.
- Click on the barcode icon, available on the top right, as shown in the image below:
- Scan the barcode using your camera. The corresponding item will be highlighted. Select the item.