Integrate RingCentral with Zoho CRM
How Can I...
RingCentral is a cloud-based communication system which is made for business. It is simple to set up and use. Call, text, fax, make conference calls, have online meetings, etc, anytime from any device without the need for changing different systems. Once you integrate RingCentral with Zoho CRM, you can do the following.
- When you receive an incoming call from or initiate an outgoing call to a CRM contact via RingCentral, you can see a business card view of the contact in Zoho CRM.
- All calls made or received via RingCentral are automatically logged in Zoho CRM and you can view the call logs.
- You can add follow-up activities at the end of every call from Zoho CRM.
- For this integration to work, you must have a RingCentral account.
- You must also have the RingCentral softphone installed in your device.
- Only an Administrator of a Zoho CRM account can enable the RingCentral Integration.
- Once enabled by the Administrator, the integration is activated for all users. Every user in the Zoho CRM Organization account can log in to RingCentral with their unique credentials.
To configure RingCentral in Zoho CRM, you must
- Enable RingCentral integration
- Log in to your RingCentral account in Zoho CRM
To enable RingCentral Integration
- Click (the Settings icon) > Setup > Channels > Telephony.
- Select RingCentral from the Choose a telephony provider drop-down list.
- Click Enable.
- After clicking Enable, please wait while the page refreshes automatically. Do not click anywhere else until the RingCentral Login screen appears.
Once you have enabled the RingCentral integration, you will be prompted to log in to your RingCentral account from Zoho CRM.
To log in to your RingCentral account
- Click Login to RingCentral if you wish to log in to your account right away.
- You will be navigated to RingCentral Login page where you need to enter the login details and click Login.
- If you are logging in later, you can use the Phone icon at the bottom right of the page to access the RingCentral Login screen.
- Once you login, choose the required phone number from the available list. Please use your direct RingCentral number and do not use RC toll free number of your organization.
Once you have enabled RingCentral in Zoho CRM and logged in to your RingCentral account in Zoho CRM as well as the RingCentral softphone, you are ready to use this RingCentral integration.You can receive incoming calls, initiate outgoing calls and add follow-up activities from Zoho CRM.
When you receive an incoming call from a CRM contact via RingCentral, you can see a Business Card view of the contact.
At the end of the call, the follow-up options on the Call Ended window lets you add calls and assign tasks to your contact.
When an outgoing call is initiated to a contact in Zoho CRM, the call is made via RingCentral.
To initiate an outgoing call from Zoho CRM
- Click the desired record.
- In the Record's Details page, click the Phone icon beside the phone number.
The call via RingCentral is now established.
- The follow-up options on the Call Ended window lets you add calls and assign tasks and add a call description.
At the end of every call via RingCentral, you can do any or all of the following activities from the Call Ended window in Zoho CRM. These would automatically be associated to the respective record.
- Add a follow-up call.
- Add a follow-up task.
Calls made, received, missed and unanswered in Zoho CRM via RingCentral are automatically logged in the Activities module.
To view call logs
- Click the Activities module.
- Select the All Calls list view.
- Click on any desired record to view the call details.
Browser calling for RingCentral allows you to make calls directly from CRM without having to toggle between your CRM account and RingCentral. WebRTC plugins are installed to give hassle-free browser calling and a real-time communication will be established with the end user.
You need to choose the Browser option from the call preferences pop-up to make calls through your browser. You can also save your preferences along with the outbound Caller ID of the recipient, so that you can easily identify your callers to your RingCentral numbers while making outbound calls.
You can now make calls directly from your browser without having to use a softphone. This also allows you to directly attend the incoming calls within your CRM.
- Mute, Unmute and Dialpad functionalities will only be included in the pop up, if you choose the Browser option.
- Please refer to network connectivity functionalities before choosing the Browser option.
- Browser calling will be supported only in chrome 29 and above and firefox 47 and above.
The RingCentral Integration can be disabled at any time. Only the Administrator of a Zoho CRM account can disable the integration.
To disable RingCentral integration
- Click (the Settings icon) > Setup > Channels > Telephony.
- Click Disable.
- On disabling the RingCentral integration, you will no longer be able to make calls in Zoho CRM via RingCentral.
- Once disabled by the Administrator, the integration is disabled for all users in the Organization account.
- Call details that were entered before the integration was disabled remain intact.
1. How do I disable the "Press 1" prompt while making a call in Zoho CRM?
It is currently not possible to disable the Press 1 prompt that is always played when you make a Click-to-Dial call in Zoho CRM.
The Press 1 prompt is necessary in order to ensure that the CRM user (caller) is connected to Ringcentral first and ready to speak before the customer is connected. If this is not ensured, it is possible that the customer answers the call before the CRM user (caller) is connected.
Unfortunately this is how the feature is designed by Ringcentral and cannot be modified by Zoho CRM.
2. There is no click-to-call phone icon beside the phone number in the Lead/Contact Details page. Why?
If you do not see the click-to-call phone icon beside the phone number in your Leads/Contacts details page, it is because the Ringcentral has not integrated with Zoho CRM correctly. Please do the following to rectify it.
- Disable the Ringcentral integration and Enable it once again.
- After you click Enable, please wait till the page refreshes automatically and do not click anywhere else until the Ringcentral Login page appears. Clicking anywhere else before the auto-refresh may disrupt the integration and cause issues.
- Once the page automatically refreshes, you can proceed for Login.
3. How do I change my Outbound Caller ID for calls made via Ringcentral in Zoho CRM?
Outbound caller ID can be set in Ringcentral’s Web Application. To do this
- Click Phone System > Users > (Select User) > Outbound Caller ID > By Feature
- Select the required number under Ringout from Web.
The chosen number will be displayed as the Caller ID for all calls made from Zoho CRM via Ringcentral.
4. I am not able to make an outbound call via Ringcentral in Zoho CRM. Why?
Following are the reasons why you may not be able to make an outbound call in Zoho CRM and their solutions.
- You may have logged into Ringcentral softphone on multiple devices.
In this case, log out of your softphone(s),de-authorize the PC name for the primary and secondary PC names, and log back into the softphone on the primary digital line device.
This is a limitation on Ringcentral’s front when it comes to third party integrations.
- You may NOT have logged into the softphone on the device associated with the primary digital line.
In this case, please log into the softphone on the device associated with the primary digital line and try click-to-call.
5. I am not receiving caller details for incoming calls in Zoho CRM. Why?
You may have used the main company number and the extension to log into Ringcentral inside Zoho CRM.
Use your Direct Number and the extension to log into Ringcentral inside Zoho CRM.