Zoho CRM app for Zendesk
Table of Contents...
The Zoho CRM app for Zendesk helps you resolve customer issues efficiently as it offers the sales context to support requests.
Once you have installed the app, you will be able to see Zoho CRM details associated with the customer - such as potentials, events and notes - in your Zendesk account, on the same window as that of the support ticket. With the sales details available contextually, you will be able to make informed decisions and thereby offer better support to your customers.
The Zoho CRM app for Zendesk can be installed from the Zendesk Apps Marketplace.
To install Zoho CRM app for Zendesk
- Visit Zendesk Apps Marketplace (https://www.zendesk.com/apps/ ).
- In the Searchbox, enter Zoho CRM and select the Zoho CRM app.
- Click Get It.
You will be prompted to log in to your Zendesk Account.
- Once you have signed in to your Zendesk Account, in the Apps Marketplace page, under the Installation section, enter the following details:
- Title for the Zoho CRM app.
- Auth Token generated from your Zoho CRM account.
- Select the Enable role restrictions? checkbox if you wish to specify the roles that should have access to the app.
- Click Install.
- You can also install the app by logging in to your Zendesk account and navigating to Admin > Apps > Marketplace and searching for the Zoho CRM app.
The Zoho CRM Auth Token is required in order to fetch the sales details from your Zoho CRM account. Please make sure that you have the permission to access the API service. If you do not have the permission, please contact your Zoho CRM administrator.
See also: Using Authentication Token
To generate Zoho CRM Auth Token
- Sign in to Zoho CRM.
- Click Settings > Setup > API, Apps & Integrations > Developer Space.
- In the CRM API section, click the Settings icon > Authentication Token Generation.
- Under Browser Mode, enter the Application Name and click Generate.
- Copy the Auth Token value and paste it in the Auth Token box in the Zoho CRM app installation section in your Zendesk account.
- User Auth Token must be kept confidential.
- Exposing it to public may lead to data theft, loss or corruption.
- To read further on API limits and usage in Zoho CRM, click here.
Once you have installed the Zoho CRM app for Zendesk, you will be able to view CRM details of your customers in your Zendesk account.
To view CRM details of customers
- Log in to your Zendesk account.
- Click the Views icon and select a support ticket.
- In the Ticket window, click the Apps button on the top-right corner.
- The Zoho CRM app will display the following sales details associated to the customer:
- Details: The basic Zoho CRM details such as the record owner (sales rep), address of the lead/contact, email options and so on.
- Notes: Notes for the record that were created by the sales reps in Zoho CRM.
- Potentials: Deals associted to the customer, if any, and the potential amount.
- Events: Details of events created for the customer.
Any changes you make to the above-mentioned details in your Zoho CRM account will be instantly reflected in your Zendesk account as well.
- You will be able to see the sales data only for tickets sent by customers whose email IDs are listed in Zoho CRM as leads/contacts.
1. Can I add a new potential for a contact from my Zendesk account?
No. Currently, the Zoho CRM app for Zendesk only fetches and displays CRM details from your Zoho CRM account. You will not be able to edit CRM details from your Zendesk account.
2. I am not able to generate Auth Token from my Zoho CRM account. Why?
You must have the Zoho CRM API Access permission in order to generate Auth Token from your Zoho CRM account. If you do not have the permission, please contact your CRM administrator.
3. What happens to my support tickets when I uninstall the app?
When you uninstall the Zoho CRM app for Zendesk, you will no longer see the CRM details associated with the lead/contact on your support ticket window. Your support tickets will still be intact.