Card Scanner App
1. What can I do with the Card Scanner app?
With the Card Scanner app, you can scan and extract contact information from business cards. The scanned information can then be saved in Zoho CRM as Leads or Contacts.
2. Why a card scanner? How will the card scanner actually be effective?
Manual data entry is a major problem with many CRM implementations. Very often, when business cards are exchanged, they find their place on the desk and never make it to a CRM system. The core issue is manual data entry. Card Scanner automated and simplifies the process to enter this data into a CRM system.
3. How do I use the Card Scanner app?
The Card Scanner app is simple and easy to use.
- Open the application.
- Click Scan Business Card to scan the card.
- Review the scanned information and then save as a contact or lead in Zoho CRM.
4. How many card details can I store in the Card Scanner app?
There is no limit to the number of business cards that you can store in the App.
5. What are the details extracted from the card?
The app exacts all the details in the business card. Some of the details extracted are First Name, Last Name, Company, Job Title, Email Address (multiple, if present), Contact Numbers, Website, Location Address, and Twitter ID.
6. What is the format for the scanned text?
The business card is scanned using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology and the text is saved in the local database. The database is structured to be similar to CRM database for the ability to sync easily.
7. How do I push the data to Zoho CRM?
Once the details are extracted from the business card, you will have the options to save the contact as a Zoho CRM Contact or a Zoho CRM Lead.
8. How is the data stored in Zoho CRM?
The data is stored in Zoho CRM as Contacts or Leads.
9. What happens if the lead or contact already exists in Zoho CRM?
The contacts/leads added from the Card Scanner app are considered as separate contacts. So even if the lead or contact already exists, a duplicate of the contact/lead is added in Zoho CRM. However, you can later merge the duplicate records in Zoho CRM. See Also Merge Duplicates
10. With which Zoho CRM Edition can I use the Card Scanner app?
The Card Scanner app works with all Zoho CRM Editions.