Managing Notes and Attachments
File attachments are documents, such as Marketing Collateral, Sales Quotes/Orders/Invoices, SLA, and others that can be associated to the CRM modules. Notes are the electronic equivalent of paper sticky notes. You can use the notes to write questions, reminders, and anything you would write on notepaper. These are useful for storing bits of information related to customers, which you may need later.
We provide default storage based on your Zoho CRM Edition. Apart from this you can also purchase extra file storage at USD 4/month for 5 GB. Please note that the option to purchase additional storage is not available in the Free Edition.
- There is no limit to the number of files that you can attach to a record.
- When you attach documents to a record, the total file size should not exceed 20 MB.
- For Notes and Attachments, you can access them only if you have the appropriate permissions to view, add, edit, and delete.
- You can delete attachments only if you have the Delete permission for Attachments.
- The deleted attachments are temporarily stored in Zoho CRM's Recycle Bin.
- If you delete the attachments from the Recycle Bin, you cannot restore them.
Attach documents from your Desktop, Zoho Docs and Google Docs to the leads, contacts, potentials, etc. in Zoho CRM.
Add important notes to the records in Zoho CRM for easy reference to vital information.
1. Can I attach more than one document at a time to a record?
Yes. You can attach more than one document at a time, provided the total size of the attachments (files) does not exceed 20 MB.
2. How do I delete attachments to free up storage space?
When mails (with attachments) are sent using the email template, the attachment is counted only once for your storage, For example, if you send emails to 100 users, the document attached is not counted on your storage 100 times. Only the document(s) attached to the template is considered for storage.
If you want to delete the attachment in the email template, you can edit the template and remove it.
3. How to subscribe for additional file storage?
For additional file storage, go to Subscription > Manage your plan.
- Extra file storage is USD 4 /Month 5 GB
- You can purchase up to 100 GB extra storage.
- The option to purchase additional storage is not available in the Free Edition.