Thank you for considering Zoho CRM!
The Data Migration wizard in Zoho CRM ensures that your data is migrated accurately and helps you reduce much of the manual work. It automatically maps import files to CRM modules and import file columns to Zoho CRM fields. In the case of modules that are not already available, Zoho CRM creates them and maps the relevant files to them. It gives you a clear indication of the number files that are mapped, unmapped and any that are not supported.
Migrating to Zoho CRM can be an easy experience but in case you are stuck in any of the steps, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. If you would like us to do the migration, please fill in the form http://www.zoho.com/crm/zwitch.html and one of our representatives will contact you shortly.
Profile Permission Required: Users with the Data Migration profile permission can access this feature.
There are a few options to migrate. Zoho CRM provides a custom-made setup to migrate from Salesforce, other Zoho CRM accounts, Zoho ContactManager, Pipedrive, Highrise, Insightly and any other CRM.
You can migrate from Pipedrive, Highrise, and Insightly via API. All you need is the instance URL to get going. Zoho ContactManager, on the other hand, is fairly simple as it does not require any configuration and data is migrated in a click.
Before you migrate
We recommend that you go through the following guidelines for an overview of the migration process.
- The files should be in CSV formats.
- The file size can be a maximum of 4 GB. The number of files that you can migrate at one time is limited to 200.
- You can upload a ZIP file which should have the following structure:
- Data files from Salesforce : The .zip file that you upload should have all the files in CSV format and one folder named Attachments. This folder will contain the source files used as attachments in Salesforce records. One of the CSV files will list the record and attachment mappings. This will be used to retain the records' association with the attachment files.
- Data files from Zoho CRM or any other CRMs : There are two folders in this case. The Data folder should have all the data files, including the CSV file that contains information on the record and attachment mappings. The Attachments folder should contain the source files used as attachments in the CRM account.
- The above-mentioned folder structure is crucial for the Zoho CRM system to identify and map attachments to the records during migration. In some cases, when you unzip files, extra folders are created. Make sure to delete them and maintain the structure mentioned.
- Tabs or modules cannot be migrated as a whole into Zoho CRM but you can always migrate the data from those modules. During the migration, Zoho CRM identifies the data and suggests custom modules that can be created to accommodate the data.
- If you have unmapped files, you can create a module of your choice and add the appropriate file to that module.
You can also create this as a linking module. For example, you are creating a new module called Doctors and you want to link it with the Patients module. You can do so, right from this window.
- Zoho CRM will suggest custom fields that are available in the import file but not in Zoho CRM. If required, you can create these fields before the migration.
- Based on the application from which you are migrating data, you may skip a couple of modules that are not relevant.
- When user data is migrated, only the first 2000 records will be imported.
- Two or more files can be mapped to a module. In this case, the column header should be the same in all the files; only then you can map them to a single module.
- File format: The supported formats are Excel (XLS, XLSX), Comma Separated Value (CSV), and Business Card or vCard Format (VCF). Unexpected errors may occur if the XLS/XLSX files contain any special controls such as combo filters or images embedded in it.
- Checkbox fields : The values for checkbox type fields in the import file should be either "True" or "False”. Imported data from checkbox fields are converted in Zoho CRM as follows:
- If checkbox is selected, True or 1
- If checkbox is not selected, False or 0
- Characters not allowed: Any data for the file to be imported should not contain the following characters:
- Double quotation marks("): use only as a field delimiter
- Vertical bar (|)
- Angle brackets (<>)
- Multi-select pick list fields: The values should be separated by semi-colon in the import file.
- Migrating Tags: Tags should be present in your file as comma separated values. If a record has more than 10 tags, only the first 10 tags will be migrated and each tag can have a maximum of 25 characters.
- Migrating Users: You will not be able to migrate users who already have a separate Zoho CRM account. Only when the users close their separate account with Zoho CRM, they can be imported in your company's CRM account.
- Update Mandatory Fields: In your import file, you need to have data for all the mandatory fields in Zoho CRM. For example, "Last Name" is a mandatory field in Zoho CRM. Make sure that the "Last Name" column in your Leads import file has values. For the records that do not have a last name, you need to specify the values as 'not provided', 'none', etc. Any records that lack values for the mandatory fields will be ignored while importing.
- Drop-down List: All data values displayed in the drop-down lists must exist in the corresponding Zoho CRM fields.
For instance, if you plan to import account information that contains a value for the industry type drop-down list, before you import the account information, make sure all the industry values in the source file already appear in the drop-down list. If the values do not exist, you must either change the values in the source file to match the existing values in Zoho CRM, or have your administrator add the new values.
- Field Names: Make sure the first row of data (records) in the source file contains the column headings or field names rather than the actual data values. These heading field name values help identify the data when you map the new data to the existing fields in Zoho CRM.
- Blank rows in the import file: More than 10 blank rows in the file might indicate the end of the file. Data after the blank rows will be ignored during import. Make sure not to leave blank rows in between rows of data.
- User data: Always migrate the User details into your Zoho CRM first. Then make sure the record's Owner ID field is mapped with the Record Owner ID in Zoho CRM. For example, when you migrate leads, map the Leads Owner ID field from the file with corresponding field in Zoho CRM.
- During migration, it is not possible to check for duplicates, skip, or overwrite records in CRM. The data will be migrated as it is.
The modules along with their Zoho-defined mandatory fields are mentioned in the table below. Please make sure to map these fields when you import. There maybe other mandatory fields too in each module, but you can always customize and mark the fields as non mandatory, if required.
|Modules||Mandatory Fields||Modules||Mandatory Fields||Modules||Mandatory Fields|
Map modules, fields and start importing you data from Salesforce to Zoho CRM. During the migration, you can even create fields that are available in Salesforce but not in Zoho CRM.
Moving to a different Zoho CRM account or from any other CRM account, then use this option to migrate without any hassle.
Migrate data from Pipedrive, Highrise or Insightly using their API and the instance URL.