The Zoho Sign extension for Zoho CRM
How Can I...
Zoho Sign is an e-signing solution that enables you to send documents intended recipients in order to acquire their digital signature. The Zoho Sign extension for Zoho CRM enables you to send the documents required for signing, to any contact stored in your CRM, right from inside it.
You can install the Zoho Sign extension either from Zoho Marketplace or from within your Zoho CRM account as follows:
- Click Settings > Setup > Marketplace > All. All the installed extensions are listed.
Under All Extensions, you can view all the extensions supported by your CRM.
- Click All Extensions, browse for Zoho Sign, and click it. The details about the extension will be available.
- Click Install Now.
- Agree to the terms of service and click Install.
- Choose one of the following and click Confirm.
- Install for admins only - The extension will be installed in CRM for only the users with the administrator profile.
- Install for all users - The extension will be installed in CRM for all the users.
- Choose profiles - The extension will be installed in CRM for manually chosen users. Choose this option, click Continue, then select the desired profiles.
The extension will be installed automatically for the specified users.
- You are now good to go.
An organization account has to be created first and the required users must be added to it beforehand.
Upon installation, the details page for leads, contacts, accounts, and deals will have a button named Send for Zoho Sign. This button can be used to send documents that need to be signed by contacts. To send your documents for digital signing:
- Click the Leads, Accounts, Contacts, or Deals modules.
- Click on a record that you want to send documents to.
- In the record's details page, click Send for Zoho Sign.
- You can also send documents from the inventory modules, which include, the Quotes, Invoices, Sales Orders, and Purchase Orders modules.
- The following options will be present in the new tab:
- Click the Add Document button and choose whether you want to upload the file from your desktop or from the Documents module in your CRM.
- Under the Recipients option, select the module that your recipient belongs to. Next, click the magnifying glass icon to choose the recipient.
- To add another recipient, click Add Recipient and select another contact in the same fashion.
You can also add a recipient who you want to view only but not sign, by clicking on the Add Recipient button.
- Zoho Sign also provides an option to specify the order in which you want your recipients to sign in.
Click the Set Signing Order radio button and assign a number to each recipient to choose what order they need to sign. The document will go to the next recipient for signing only after the preceding recipient has signed.
- You can leave the recipients a note if there is any extra information to convey.
- You can also write a description of your documents for your personal reference.
- Click the More Settings button to set:
- Automatic reminders.
- A deadline to sign by.
- Time until the agreement will be held valid.
- Click Save.
- Click Next and you will be redirected to your Zoho Sign page.
- Make the necessary changes, then click Continue.
- Drag-and-drop the fields you require in your document and click Send, located the top-right corner of the page.
- Check if you're good to go and click Confirm. You will receive a receipt confirming that it has been sent.
When you install the Zoho sign extension, three other modules will also be created. They are:
- Zoho Sign Documents: Contains the list of documents that have been sent.
- Zoho Sign Recipients: Shows the list of recipients to whom documents have been sent.
- Zoho Sign Document Events: Displays a list of documents and the status in which they lay in.
Each record will also have a related list where the agreement details will be listed.
The SalesSignals feature notifies you of important events related to Zoho Sign. By default, it notifies you when a document is signed or rejected by an user.
To view your SalesSignals notifications, click the Bell icon in the upper right corner of your dashboard.
To customize your SalesSignals notifications:
- Click the Bell icon in the upper right corner of your dashboard.
- Click Settings at the bottom of your SalesSignals window.
- Choose the notifications you want to receive.
- Click Save.
If you wish to uninstall Zoho Sign extension, please note that all related data will be deleted upon uninstalling and cannot be recovered.
To uninstall the extension:
- Go to Setup> Marketplace > All. All the installed extensions are listed. Under All Extensions, you can view all the extensions supported in your CRM.
- Browse for Zoho Sign and click the corresponding Uninstall link.
- Click Ok to confirm and uninstall the extension.