SMS, Voice messages and IVRS via Nexmo
How Can I...
Nexmo, a Vonage Company, is the global cloud communications platform leader providing innovative communication APIs and SDKs for voice, text, chat app and phone verification services. Nexmo enables applications and enterprises to communicate with their customers reliably and with ease, no matter where in the world they are located. Now with the Nexmo extension for Zoho CRM, you can send SMS and voice calls to your leads and contacts right from within Zoho CRM. By installing this extension, you can perform the following:
Send SMS to your CRM list: The integration will help you send SMS to any of your Zoho CRM module like leads, contacts, potentials, etc.
Send Voice messages: Voice messages can be sent to your customers and the details will reflect inside Zoho CRM under the corresponding field( Lead/ Contact).
IVR configuration: Configure IVR settings for all outgoing and incoming calls made from Zoho CRM.
You can either go to the Zoho Marketplace and install the Nexmo extension or log in to your Zoho CRM account and install. To install Nexmo extension
- Go to Setup > Marketplace > All.
All the installed extensions are listed. Under All Extensions you can view all the extensions supported in CRM.
- Click All Extensions, browse through for Nexmo and click it.
The details about the extension will be available.
- Click Install Now.
- In the following screen, agree to the terms of service and click Continueto Install.
- Choose one of the following and click Confirm.
- Install for admin only - The extension will be installed in CRM for only the users with the administrator profile.
- Install for all users - The extension will be installed in CRM for all the users. Users need to have a Nexmo account to use this feature.
- Choose profiles - The extension will be installed in CRM for all the users. You need to choose this option, click Continue and then select the profile.
The extension will be installed automatically for the specified users. After installing you need to authorize using your Nexmo login credentials.Click Authorize.
- If you click Skip in this step, you can later authorize from Setup > Marketplace > All.
In the Nexmo extension details page, you can click Authorize.
- Once the extension is installed to your CRM account, you will be asked to configure the extension.
If you click Skip in this step, you can later configure from Setup > Marketplace > All > Installed Extensions.
The Nexmo extension is configured in it's details page.
To configure the Nexmo account, you need to enter the API key and API secret.
Both of these parameters are available in the Nemo settings page.
To get the API key and API secret:
- Go to your Nexmo account.
- Under your account's profile, click on the settings option.
- Scroll down and copy the API key from the corresponding field. Following this paste it in the extension details page in Zoho CRM
- Repeat the same for API secret as well.
Choose the set of leads/ contacts for which you have to send a SMS.
Hover on the options above and press the Send SMS option. A pop-up appears in-front of you
Here, you can choose either from an already existing template (or) write a new SMS to send
Once you are done, click on the send SMS button to send.
A report on the number of SMS sent will open in front of you, wherein you can see how many SMSes were sent, how many failed in reaching the final destination etc.
To send voice messages, perform the following actions,
Select the set of leads or contacts to whom a voice message should be sent.
Hover over the menu at the top and choose Send voice message.
You have two options here:
1. Convert speech to text: You can enter a piece of text in the text area below and choose a suitable voice. The system shall automatically convert the text to speech. Click on the send option to send the entered text as a voice message to the selected list
2. Upload audio: The other way is by uploading an audio file. This shall automatically send the audio file as a voice message to the selected list.
A window regarding the confirmation pops up.
Once you this is done, you can check the status of the voice message by going to the corresponding lead/ contact and checking the status.
Go to the Nexmo tab in Zoho CRM.
In the Nexmo Extension Configuration page, cick on the IVR menu subtab.
In the screen that appears, click Create New IVR option and enter the details as asked:
IVR Name : Enter a desired name for the IVR ( this will be helpful while mapping)
Greetings: Enter a greeting message. This message will be played out to the user .
Actions: In the actions, enter the phone number to which the incoming call is to be directed upon pressing a number in the dial pad.
Incoming calls calls:
Go to the Numbers subtab inside the Nexmo settings tab.
Using the IVR Menu (for inbound calls) option, map the desired IVR menu with the corresponding phone number.
Automatically, the IVR menu gets mapped with the number and it will be played out to the user when an incoming call arrives.
To set IVR for outgoing calls, perform the following:
1. Go the lead/contact to whom the call is to be sent.
2. Click on the IVR radio button.
3. Select a desired IVR menu from the dropdown list and press Send.
4. The IVR shall be played out to the user.
You can uninstall the Nexmo extension whenever you wish to. Remember that deleting this extension will delete all its associated data as well. To uninstall the Nexmo extension:
Click Setting > Setup > Marketplace > All. All the installed extensions are listed.
Browse for Nexmo and click the corresponding Uninstall link.
3. Click OK to confirm.
The extension will be uninstalled.