Google Apps Sync Extension for Zoho CRM
How Can I...
The Google Apps Sync Extension for Zoho CRM provides sales professionals the opportunity to easily access their Gmail contacts, tasks, and Google calendar events within Zoho CRM.
- Only administrators can install this extension.
- Users with a trial and paid Google Apps Suite accounts can use this extension.
- The email address to sign in to Zoho CRM account and your G Suite account should be the same.
You can either go to the Zoho Marketplace and install the Google Apps Sync extension or log in to your Zoho CRM account and install.
To install Google Apps Sync extension:
- Go to Setup > Marketplace > All.
All the installed extensions will be listed. Under All Extensions you can view all the extensions supported in CRM.
- Click All Extensions, browse through for Google Apps Sync and click it.
- Click Install Now.
- In the following screen, agree to the terms of service and click Install.
- Choose which users you want to install the extension to.
- Install for admins only - The extension will be installed for only the users with the administrator profile.
- Install for all users - The extension will be installed for all the CRM users. Users need to have a Google Suite account to use this feature.
- Choose profiles - Choose this option, click Continue and then select the profile.
The extension will be automatically installed for the specified users. After installation, you need to authorize your account using your Google Suite login credentials.
- Click Authorize.
If you skip this step, you can later authorize from Setup > Marketplace > All. In the Google Apps Sync extension details page, you can click Authorize.
- In the pop-up, specify your G Suite account credentials and click Sign In.
- Allow access to Zoho CRM to sync with your G Suite, so that you can start syncing your contacts, events and tasks inside your CRM from your G Suite account.
The account will be authorized and the extension will be activated. Once the Google Apps Sync extenison is activated in your Zoho CRM, you can view it from the list of web tabs available in your CRM account.
To sync contacts, tasks and events from Zoho CRM:
- Choose the Google Sync web tab.
- In the Google Sync Dashboard, click Start Sync.
- In the Sync Settings page, choose the required sync settings and click Save.
The available contacts, tasks and events will now be synced into your Zoho CRM account. Once the sync is complete, the Google contacts, events, and tasks will be available in the corresponding CRM Modules.
To view the synced contacts, tasks and events:
- Click Leads module and filter Lead Source as GApps, to view the list of available Google contacts that are synced in your CRM account.
- Similarly, events and tasks can be filtered and viewed as Event Source as GApps and Task Source as GApps respectively.
- You can also view the list of all the contacts, tasks and events that are synced to Zoho CRM.
The Last Sync Summary is the count of files added (up arrow) and deleted (down arrow) in sync. You can also view the date of the recent sync done.
When you wish to uninstall Google Apps Sync extension, please note that all the data will be deleted on uninstalling and cannot be recovered.
- Go to Setup > Marketplace > All.
All the installed extensions are listed. Under All Extensions you can view all the extensions supported in CRM.
- Browse for Google Apps Syncand click the corresponding Uninstall link.
- Click Ok to confirm.
All the data related to the extenison will be deleted.