Custom Gallery Functions
Zoho CRM offers you the following ready to deploy custom functions in Gallery:
- Roll-up Potential Amount to Account
- Mass update of Child Contacts
- Create Projects for Closed Potentials
You can associate gallery functions with workflow rules using minimal configuration and Deluge Script skils. See Also Deluge Script - Reference Guide.
- CRM Users with Manage Workflow permissions
- Programmers with basic Deluge Script knowledge
Using custom functions through Gallery includes the following steps:
- Associate custom function to a workflow rule.
- Test custom function integration.
To associate Gallery custom function with Workflow Rule
- Go to Setup > Automation > Workflow Automation > Custom Functions.
- In the Workflow Custom Functions page, click Configure Custom Function.
- In the Configure Custom Function page, click the Gallery link.
- In the Gallery page, move the mouse pointer to the custom function and click Configure.
- In the Configure Custom Function pop-up, complete the following steps:
- Select the module to be associated.
- Under Argument Mapping section, map the argument with field name in CRM module.
- Click Save.
Now you can associate the gallery custom function with workflow rule.
- In the Workflow Rule page, click Save.
Now, your gallery function is associated with workflow rule. When the workflow rule is triggered, gallery function will be automatically executed.
- Add test data in CRM according to your workflow rule criteria.
- In your application check for the data received from Zoho CRM via custom function.
- If there is an error or data mismatch, modify your custom function code in Zoho CRM.
- Continue this test until you obtain the required data from Zoho CRM to your Application.
- You can associate up to 6 (1 Instant Action and 5 Time-Based Actions) custom functions per workflow rule.
- You can transfer data for a maximum of 10 CRM fields from Zoho CRM to third-party applications using custom function.
- You can retrieve data from other Apps to Zoho CRM using custom function.
- You must update the API ticket regularly according to limits in third-party applications.
- You will not receive any email notification, if the custom function integration stopped functioning due to any issue in a third-party API.
- If there is any failure in the process, Custom function will send a notification first, Zoho CRM system will send a second notification after 15 min. Thereafter, the system will not send any notifications for that particular workflow trigger.
- If you exceed the maximum count per day, the system will not send remaining custom function notifications to third-party applications and will notify the failure to the Administrator.
- Zoho CRM will the send data in the following standard format (for Date and Date Time fields) to third-party applications:
- Date: yyyy-MM-dd
- Date Time: yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm