Zoho CRM offers you the following ready to deploy custom functions in Gallery:
- Roll-up Potential Amount to Account
- Mass update of Child Contacts
- Create Projects for Closed Potentials
You can associate gallery functions with workflow rules using minimal configuration and Deluge Script skils. See Also Deluge Script - Reference Guide.
- CRM Users with Manage Workflow permissions
- Programmers with basic Deluge Script knowledge
Profile Permission Required: Users with the Manage Workflow permissions in can access this feature.
Use Custom Functions from Gallery
Using custom functions through Gallery includes the following steps:
- Associate custom function to a workflow rule.
- Test custom function integration.
To associate Gallery custom function with Workflow Rule
- Click (the Settings icon) > Setup > Automation > Workflow Automation > Custom Functions.
- In the Workflow Custom Functions page, click Configure Custom Function.
- In the Configure Custom Function page, click the Gallery link.
- In the Gallery page, move the mouse pointer to the custom function and click Configure.
- In the Configure Custom Function pop-up, complete the following steps:
- Select the module to be associated.
- Under Argument Mapping section, map the argument with field name in CRM module.
- Click Save.
Now you can associate the gallery custom function with workflow rule.
- In the Workflow Rule page, click Save.
Now, your gallery function is associated with workflow rule. When the workflow rule is triggered, gallery function will be automatically executed.
To test the custom function integration
- Add test data in CRM according to your workflow rule criteria.
- In your application check for the data received from Zoho CRM via custom function.
- If there is an error or data mismatch, modify your custom function code in Zoho CRM.
- Continue this test until you obtain the required data from Zoho CRM to your Application.
- You can associate up to 6 (1 Instant Action and 5 Time-Based Actions) custom functions per workflow rule.
- You can transfer data for a maximum of 10 CRM fields from Zoho CRM to third-party applications using custom function.
- You can retrieve data from other Apps to Zoho CRM using custom function.
- You must update the API ticket regularly according to limits in third-party applications.
- You will not receive any email notification, if the custom function integration stopped functioning due to any issue in a third-party API.
- If there is any failure in the process, Custom function will send a notification first, Zoho CRM system will send a second notification after 15 min. Thereafter, the system will not send any notifications for that particular workflow trigger.
- If you exceed the maximum count per day, the system will not send remaining custom function notifications to third-party applications and will notify the failure to the Administrator.
- Zoho CRM will the send data in the following standard format (for Date and Date Time fields) to third-party applications:
- Date: yyyy-MM-dd
- Date Time: yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm