Deprecation of Zoho CRM API Version 1
API V2.0 Kick-off: February 2018
The latest version of Zoho CRM APIs rolled out this year. A major upgrade on the existing APIs which includes changes in API call methods, output responses and more. The new APIs use simple HTTP methods like GET, POST, PUT and DELETE. Data format for input and responses are the same, i.e JSON objects. This makes it possible to send or fetch large amounts of data with greater accuracy as compared to the XML format.
The latest version of our APIs can do everything its predecessor can, and a lot more! We recommend you to start using the new APIs as the older version will be deprecated. Please have a look at out help documentation for more details.
Features that use API V2.0
- OAuth 2.0 - The OAuth2.0 protocol allows you to share specific data with any application while keeping your usernames and passwords private. This protocol provides users with a secure and easy way to use authentication.
- Connections - Connections is a simple authentication mechanism used to invoke any third party applications’ REST APIs and get access to your authenticated data from your functions or widgets.
- Functions - Zoho CRM Functions help you to update the data in related CRM modules or third-party applications by executing simple program scripts. With functions, you can program scripts using Deluge Script (powered by Zoho Creator), associate them to workflow rules, custom buttons, related lists, schedules and more.
What API V2.0 has, that Version 1.0 doesn't
- Better security using OAuth 2.0, which comes with scope for each API call. This ensures that even if tokens were disclosed it can't be misused, since the tokens are valid only for an hour. We have also added multi-DC support.
- The daily limit of API calls have been revised and expanded to 100,000 calls per day. (For the Ultimate Edition, the limit is 200,000 per day).
- API V2.0 follows REST standard and facilitates easy JSON parsing, in which all APIs follow a similar response structure.
- There is a new API dashboard for better usage analysis.
- "API Names" have been introduced so that the changes in names(labels) of custom fields' and custom modules' won't affect your existing integrations.
Please refer to our API Transition and Differences documentation to migrate your existing API V1 code base to API V2.0.
Now it's time to say goodbye to the old version. Please note a few important dates on your calendar to prepare yourself for this change, and to ensure you have complete clarity about the API roadmap.
Version 1.0 Deprecation Date: Dec 31, 2018
- Issue fixes, API support, and enhancements for the V1 (ie.previous) version will not be taken up beyond the deprecated date. All the V1 API methods will be marked as deprecated.
- The V1 APIs used in your existing code will still work even beyond the deprecated date, and will become non-operational only after the Sunset Date mentioned below.
Version 1.0 Sunset Date: Dec 31, 2019
All old API methods will not be operational. This means all your codes written based on V1 will stop working.