Python SDK - Overview
Python SDK offers a way to create client python applications that can be integrated with Zoho CRM. This SDK makes the access and use of necessary CRM APIs with ease. In other words, it serves as a wrapper for the REST APIs, making it easier to use the services of Zoho CRM.
A point to note would be that the developer of the client application should create programming code elements along with configuration-related properties files, interface implementations, instances or objects. Authentication to access Zoho CRM APIs is through OAuth authentication mechanism. Invariably, HTTP requests and responses are taken care by SDK.
A sample of how an SDK acts a middle ware or interface between Zoho CRM and a client Python application.
Python SDK allows you to:
- Exchange data between Zoho CRM and the client application where the CRM entities are modelled as classes.
- CRM API equivalents are declared and defined as simple member methods in your Python application.
- Push data into Zoho CRM, by accessing appropriate APIs of the CRM Service.
Python SDK is installable through "pip". Pip is a tool for dependency management in Python. The SDK requires the following from the client app:
- Client app must have Python 2.7 or above.
- Client app must have Python requests being installed
- Python SDK must be installed through pip.
- The method ZCRMRestClient.initialize() must be called on starting up of your application
The access and refresh tokens are environment-specific and domain-specific. When you handle various environments and domains such as Production, Sandbox, or Developer and IN, CN, US, EU, or AU, respectively, you must use the access token and refresh token generated only in those respective environments and domains. The SDK throws an error, otherwise.
For example, if you generate the tokens for your Sandbox environment in the CN domain, you must use only those tokens for that domain and environment. You cannot use the tokens generated for a different environment or a domain.