As your business grows, you will experience significant challenges in security and user administration. The more users you have, the more important it is to securely identify them and determine their level of access.
The solution for effective security and user administration is role-based access control. By managing their users access efficiently, organizations can simplify their security processes while keeping their data safe.
Zoho CRM Plus now includes the Admin Panel, a centralized place to manage users and their access to applications. This guide will help you learn how to access and utilize the features of the Admin Panel.
To access the Admin Panel:
- Access Zoho CRM Plus and click the User icon on the upper-right corner of the page. You'll see a panel slide out from the right side of the page.
- Click the Admin Panel link in the sliding panel, below the user name and email address. The Admin Panel will appear with the Users tab selected by default.
Note: You must be an administrator in CRM Plus or at least one of its component applications to access the Admin Panel.
From the Admin Panel, you can:
- Manage organization details
- Add users to your Zoho CRM Plus
- Assign applications and allocate privileges to users
- View and manage users' application access
- Upgrade to Zoho CRM Plus Plan and manage and view billing details.
When you add users and assign applications to them, they will have access only to the applications they are approved for. For instance, if a user is assigned an administrative role in CRM, and a non-administrator role in Social, Campaigns, and Projects, they can manage and perform all tasks in CRM but they will have access only to certain features in the other applications.
By default, you will be made the Owner of your organization, giving you access to all of Zoho's business applications:
- Zoho CRM
With the trial version, you can invite up to 10 users to your organization. If you have existing users with access to these applications, they will be automatically migrated to Zoho CRM Plus with the same roles and permissions.
There are two levels of administrative control in CRM Plus: CRM Plus Administrators and Owners. CRM Plus Administrators can manage core functions within CRM Plus as well as the affiliated applications. An Owner has all of the same privileges as a CRM Plus Administrator, but can also change the portal URL and designate a new owner.
The following table outlines the actions available in the Admin Panel for each administrative role.
CRM Plus Administrator
1. Change Owner
2. Change portal URL
3. Update organization details
4. Add / remove CRM Plus Administrators
5. Add users in CRM Plus
6. Activate / deactivate users in CRM Plus
7. Reinvite users in CRM Plus
8. Delete pending users
9. Enable / disable access to an application for a user
10. Update details for a user in an application
11. Upgrade / modify CRM Plus subscription