Send SMS notification on a form action
You can send SMS notifications to your application users when new form data is submitted or when existing form data is modified or deleted.
For example, you can trigger an SMS notification when an order is placed, a package is delivered, or a bill date is due.
SMS notifications can be triggered using any of the supported SMS service providers with whom you have an account. Zoho Creator supports the following connections.
- Screen Magic
To configure an SMS action:
- Click the Add New Action block. The Add New Action window will slide in from the right.
- Zoho Creator executes the action whenever there is an activity on the form. You can run the action for selected records by setting the criteria. Refer to the Set criteria page to learn more about setting criteria in a workflow.
- Choose the Notification action type.
- Select the Send SMS action from the action list.
- Click the Connection drop-down and add a new connection through any of the supported SMS service providers with whom you have an account.
- Select the mobile number from the To field. The drop-down icon lists the single line, phone number, and numeric fields in your form. Choose the required field that contains the mobile number.
Enter the SMS message in the Message field.
- Click Save.
- Click Done.
Zoho Creator will now trigger the SMS notification when there is an action on the form.