Configure email notification in approval workflow
You can configure send email action to trigger automatic email notifications on an approval/denial activity.
To create an email notification:
- Mouse over an action and click the Edit icon. The notification window will slide in from the right. The action type and the action is chosen by default.
- In the email section, select the sender's and receiver's email addresses from the From and To drop-down list. You can select a Zoho variable or an Approval variable from the list.
- Click Add Cc/Add Bcc to add more recipients for the email. Use commas to separate multiple email address.
- Specify the subject of the email.
- Enter the message in the Message field. You can insert Form field values dynamically to the Message field by selecting the required variable under Insert Fields of Message editor.
- Select the Include user submitted data check box to send the form data in the email message.
- If Include user submitted data is selected, Zoho Creator lists the available templates. You can select the required template and choose to send it as inline content or as PDF attachments.
- If you have not created any custom record templates, you can use the Default Template, which displays the form data in a simple table format.
- Choose Content Type.
- Click Save Action.
Zoho Creator associates the action in the approval process and executes it upon an approval/denial process.