Creator application and its equivalent Deluge Script
Every application created in Zoho Creator, has an equivalent Deluge Script file generated at the backend with extension .ds. For example, when you create an Order management application, a file named OrderManagement.ds is generated at the backend that contains the script definition of all the Forms, Reports and business logic added to the application.
Script definition of the Form
Screen shot displaying order form and its equivalent script
- Form Name is the display name by which a form will be referred through out in the GUI mode and also while a user is accessing the application in Live Mode. The display name should be given within double quotes.
- Form Link Name is the actual name of the form. The link name of a form is unique within an application and will be referred in scripting. The link name should be alphanumeric and can contain underscore. When you create a form with name, for example, "Add Employee", the form link name will be auto generated as "Add_Employee". If form displayname and link name is same, for example, "Orders", it will not be explicitly defined in the script.
Form Fields: The fields define the individual properties of the specific kind of information. A form field is referred in two ways:
displayname = "Order Date"
type = date
width = 130px
alloweddays = 0,1,2,3,4,5,6
- Field display name is the display name by which a field will be referred through out in the GUI mode and also while a user is accessing the application in Live Mode. The display name should be given within double quotes. For example, "Order Date"
- Field link name is the actual name of the field and is unique within a form. Only the link name is referred in scripting. The link name should be alphanumeric and can contain underscore. For example, Order_Date
- Type refers to the specific kind of information that is stored in the field. For example, Text field type for Names, email field type for email address, date field type for date-time values like Order_Date.
- width refers to the width of the form field in pixels.
Script definition of WorkFlow - Form actions
The workflows configured for the Form, is defined under the "actions" block of the script file. For example, in the screenshot given below, the workflows to be executed when a form loads is defined under actions > on add > on load, the workflows to validate the form data is defined under actions > on add > validate, the workflows to be executed after the form data is submitted is defined under actions > on add > on success.
Script definition of workFlow - Field actions
The workflows configured for a field is defined under each field with names - on user input and on update. Field action scripts will be executed based on values specified for a field. In the screen-shot given below, the on user input script defined for the Products field, will be executed, when a user selects one or more products. The script calculates the total value of the selected products.