Table of Contents
An Application owner can add new users with "Role" as User or Developer. A "User" is a person who can access the Application or specific Forms/Reports in the Application shared to him, based on the access permissions provided. He cannot create/edit Applications in the owner/admin's workspace. A user who is configured as a "Developer" can create and access the Applications in admin's workspace, if the admin provides edit permissions for the same. A "Workspace" refers to the common space provided to a set of users to facilitate complete management of the Applications and to work as a cohesive unit.
The Application owner/admin can add new users from the Application Settings dialog or using the Share option for a specific Application or by Adding Deluge Script.
The Application Settings dialog can be invoked by selecting the Settings link displayed on the right of respective application name in your Home page, or by selecting the Settings link displayed on the left pane in your home page. The screen-shot of the same is displayed below:
- Select the Manage Users option under the head Settings. You can add new users, delete existing users, activate or deactivate users from the Manage Users tab.
- Click Add New User > Specify e-mail ids > Click Add. By default, a user will be added as Active with role as User. You can share your application only with users whose status is Active. The number of users you can add depends on your subscription plan.
To add users using the "Share" option,
- Select the Application name or Page header or the Form/Report displayed on the left-side. For example, selecting the application name will enable access to all the Forms and Reports in the application.
- Click on Settings icon on the left and select the option Share. This will display the Share dialog where you can enter new e-mail ids or share your application with existing user e-mail ids.
- Select the option Manage Users on the top right corner.
- Click on Add Users link, enter the email address and select the Role as User or Developer.
- Click add to add the users at the selected level.
The Share/UnShare Deluge task can be used in form/field action scripts to dynamically share or unshare an email address to your application, page, form or view, without going into the edit mode of the application. This feature enables the owner of an application to define roles like "HR Manager", "Employee" etc and add logic to share the forms/views with users, based on the roles assigned. To share your application dynamically using Deluge Scripting, refer Deluge Reference -> Sharing