Fields in reports refer to the fields in the forms. Field properties in the report builder enable you to define or redefine the behavior and traits of the fields and the data related to those fields.
To navigate to report field properties:
- Navigate to the Design page.
- Hover on the preview of the report in the Design page.
- Click to open the builder and select Fields. The fields are listed and the field properties appear in the right pane.
- Select a field and edit the properties (here, properties are specific to the field type). The changes are saved automatically.
- Click Done exit report builder.
In the report builder, the fields feature browser, phone and tablet icon. This denotes that the field participates in all those devices. By default, the fields participate in all the devices. In case, you remove the field form the mobile layout, you will find that the phone icon is absent in the fields section of report builder. The absence is to inform that the field does not participate in that particular device alone.