Configure average to be displayed in a panel
Average option in a panel allows a user to calculate and display the median value of a field in the selected form. Also, you can evaluate the average for all the records containing the chosen field or based on a set criteria.
To configure average in a panel
- Drag and drop a panel onto the builder area. A sheet with configuration options will automatically slide in from the right side of the screen.
- Select the Average option under Display data.
- On the following screen, select a form from the drop down. All the forms in the current application will be displayed in the drop down.
The Form dropdown lists all the forms in the application you are currently working on. To select a form from another application, click the Change App option give in Blue, on the footer of the Form dropdown. Select another application and click Done to view all the forms in it.
- Select a field corresponding to the selected form.
- Evaluate for all records or selected records.
- Selecting All records will apply the average formula on all records containing the chosen field.
- Selected records will use only records that satisfy a specified condition. On choosing this option, you can set a criteria in the Select Records pop up that follows. Select field -> Select Operator -> Enter Value. You can also add multiple criteria using AND or OR option. Click Done.
- You can display the calculated average as:
- Actual: Displays the calculated average on the panel.
- Percentage of a number: Enter a numeric value to convert the calculated average as a percentage of this value. For example: If actual average = 1000. You want to display this as a percentage of 1200.Then the panel will display: 83%
- Fraction with text in the denominator: Enter a custom text to display in the denominator. For example: 1000/units.
- Click Done.
To edit a configured panel:
- Double click the panel to add style to the image in it or single click to select the panel and then click the Configure option in the toolbar at the top center of the page builder.
- Select the configured display data which you want to replace or edit.
- If the existing data that you want to edit/replace is of display type ->average, you can follow steps 3-6 under configure average in a panel.
- If the existing data is some other aggregate like (sum, minimum, maximum, count) or a custom text, Select Average from Display data drop down.
- In the following screen, follow step 5 to configure average.
- Click Done.