Understand forms for Zoho Recruit modules
You can create forms for the modules in Zoho Recruit. The data that your users submit through these forms is directly added to the selected module. This eliminates the need to write scripts to integrate with your Zoho Recruit modules and enables you to seamlessly add data to them.
You can create forms for the following Zoho Recruit modules: Candidates, Contacts, Clients, and Job Openings. Currently:
- You can create one form per module
- You cannot create forms for custom modules in your Zoho Recruit
Features and capabilitiesWhen you're collaborating with users in an app, it is not enough to just enable them to submit data. You need to ensure that the data they are submitting is valid. Zoho Creator offers a wide range of options which you can use to define what happens right from the moment a user accesses a form in your app, to what happens after a user submits the form.
Building the form and managing the fields
When you create a form for a module, the module's mandatory fields are automatically added to the form. For example, if you create a form for the Candidates module, the Last Name field will be added automatically. You will not be allowed to delete these fields from the form as they are mandatory in Zoho Recruit.
The field palette displays all the fields in the selected module. You can add the required fields to your form, and rearrange them in the required order. Learn about the form builder for a Zoho Recruit module.
Controlling form entries
You may use the following provisions to control and restrict the entries your users submit through your form:
- Display a captcha on your form: This can prevent form submission by malicious computer bots
- Define a geo-fence: You can define a geo-fence—a virtual fence around a geographical location, so that your form accepts entries only from within it
- Disable access to your form after a certain number of entries
- Restrict your form's availability: You can define the time range past which your form will not be accessible
On successful form submission
- You can show your users a message
- You can enable your users to receive an email notification that can include the data they submitted
- You can redirect your users to a website or a component (form, report, or page) in your app
You can customize your form's appearance using the following:
- Field layout: You can arrange the fields in your form in a mixture of one-column, two-column, and three-column layouts. Learn how
- Label placement: This defines the alignment of field names (or labels), as well as whether they appear next to or above the field input areas. You can, from the available set of device-specific layouts, apply the most suitable one to your form:
- Label width: This refers to the width that the field names (or labels) occupy when a user accesses your form from a web browser. Learn more
- Field size: This refers to the length of a field's input area. Learn more
- Field height: This refers to the height of a field's input area. Learn more
- Themes: You can, from the available set of themes, apply the most suitable one to your form