Understand forms for Zoho CRM modules
You can create forms for the modules in Zoho CRM. The data that your users submit through these forms are directly added to the selected module. This eliminates the need to write scripts to integrate with your Zoho CRM modules and enables you to seamlessly add data to them.
You can create forms for the following Zoho CRM modules: Contacts, Leads, Accounts, Potentials, Products, Vendors, Invoices, Quotes, Price Books, Purchase Orders, Campaigns, Sales Orders, Solutions, and Cases. Currently:
- You can create one form per module. Learn how
- You cannot create forms for custom modules in your Zoho CRM
Below is an example of a form for the Leads module in Zoho CRM when a user accesses from a web browser:
The data your users submit will be added to your Zoho CRM:
Features and capabilities
Zoho Creator offers a wide range of options which you can use to define what happens from the moment a user accesses a form in your app, to what happens after a user submits the form. Refer to:
- Building the form and managing the fields
- Controlling form entries
- Submitting data
- Upon successful form submission
- Customizing the form's appearance
- Viewing the submitted data
When you create a form for a module, the module's mandatory fields are automatically added to the form. For example, if you create a form for the Leads module, the Last Name and Company fields will be added automatically. You will not be allowed to delete these fields from the form as they are mandatory in Zoho CRM.
The field palette displays all the fields in the selected module. You can add the required fields to your form, and rearrange them in the required order. Refer to this page to learn more about the form builder for a Zoho CRM module.
You may use the following provisions to control and restrict the entries your users submit through your form:
- Display a captcha on your form: This can prevent form submission by malicious computer bots
- Define a geo-fence: You can define a geo-fence—a virtual fence around a geographical location, so that your form accepts entries only from within it
- Disable access to your form after a certain number of entries
- Restrict your form's availability: You can define the time period past which your form will not be accessible
You'll be able to submit data to only those CRM modules that your CRM subscription allows. For example, if you've subscribed to Zoho CRM's Standard edition, you'll be able create a form for the Purchase Orders module in your Zoho Creator app but your users won't be able to submit data through it as Purchase Orders module isn't available in Zoho CRM's Standard edition.
- You can enable your users to view a message
- You can enable your users to receive an email notification that can include the data they submitted
- You can redirect your users to a website or a component (form, report, or page) in your app
You can customize your form's appearance using the following:
- Field layout: You can arrange the fields in your form in a mixture of one-column, two-column, and three-column layouts. Learn how
- Label placement: This defines the alignment of field names (or labels), as well as whether they appear next to or above the field input areas. You can, from the available set of device-specific layouts, apply the most suitable one to your form:
- Label width: This refers to the width that the field names (or labels) occupy when a user accesses your form from a web browser. Learn more
- Field size: This refers to the length of a field's input area. Learn more
- Field height: This refers to the height of a field's input area. Learn more
- Themes: You can, from the available set of themes, apply the most suitable one to your form
You can create list reports for the modules in your Zoho CRM. This allows your users to view the CRM data without having to access Zoho CRM.
Note: Your users will be able to view data in these list reports as long as your CRM subscription allows it. For example, imagine that you've subscribed to Zoho CRM's Standard edition and you've created a form and list report for the Purchase Orders module in your Zoho Creator app. In this scenario, your users won't see any data in the list report as Purchase Orders module isn't available in CRM's Standard edition.