Understand forms for Salesforce modules
You can create forms for the modules in your Salesforce account. The data your users submit through these forms is directly added to the selected module. This eliminates the need to write scripts to integrate with the modules in your Salesforce account and enables your users to seamlessly add data to them.
- Currently, you can create forms for the following modules in Salesforce - Contact, Lead, Account, Product, Campaign, Solution, and Case. Learn how
- You can create one form per module
- Currently, you cannot create forms for the custom modules in your Salesforce account
Connecting with your Salesforce account
- To create a form for a module in your Salesforce account, you must establish a connection. You may either use any of the Salesforce connections added in your Account Settings > Connections page, or add one while creating the form.
- The credentials you establish to connect with Salesforce will determine what value will be stored in the Created By system field
When you're collaborating with users in an app, it is not enough to just enable them to submit data. You need to ensure that the data they are submitting is valud. Zoho Creator offers a wide range of options which you can use to define what happens, right from the moment a user accesses a form in your app, to what happens after a user submits the form.
Building the form and managing the fields
When you create a form for a module, the module's mandatory fields are automatically added to the form. For example, if you create a form for the Lead module, the Last Name, Lead Status, and Company fields will be added automatically. You will not be allowed to delete these fields from the form as they are mandatory in Salesforce.
The field palette displays all the fields present in the selected module. You can add to your form the required fields, and rearrange them in the required order. Learn about the form builder for a Salesforce module.
Controlling form entries
You may use the following provisions to control and restrict the entries your users submit through your form:
- Display a captcha on your form: This can prevent form submission by malicious computer bots
- Define a geo-fence: You can define a geo-fence—a virtual fence around a geographical location, so that your form accepts entries only from within it
- Disable access to your form after a certain number of entries
- Restrict your form's availability: You can define the time range past which your form will not be accessible
On successful form submission
- You can show your users a message
- You can enable your users to receive an email notification that can include the data they submitted
- You can redirect your users to a website or a component (form, report, or page) in your app
Customizing form's appearance
You can customize your form's appearance using the following:
- Field layout: You can arrange the fields in your form in a mixture of one-column, two-column, and three-column layouts. Learn how
- Label placement: This defines the alignment of field names (or labels), as well as whether they appear next to or above the field input areas. You can, from the available set of device-specific layouts, apply the most suitable one to your form:
- Label width: This refers to the width that the field names (or labels) occupy when a user accesses your form from a web browser. Learn more
- Field size: This refers to the length of a field's input area. Learn more
- Field height: This refers to the height of a field's input area. Learn more
- Themes: You can, from the available set of themes, apply the most suitable one to your form
Viewing the submitted data
You can create list reports for the modules in your Salesforce account. This allows your users to view the CRM data without having to access your Salesforce account.
- The Role hierarchy will not be applicable for the integrations forms. So anyone who has access to integration report will have access to all the data irrespective of their role. For eg: If a user has 'View' permission then they can view all the data.
- The Delete option will not be available for the integration report records.
- The connection for the integration form with the external service will be only through the admin's Salesforce account.