Understand forms for QuickBooks modules
You can create forms for the modules in your QuickBooks account. The data your users submit through these forms is directly added to the selected module. This eliminates the need to write scripts to integrate with the modules in your QuickBooks account and enables your users to seamlessly add data to them.
- Creating forms
- Features and capabilities
- Viewing the submitted data
- Supported modules & fields
You can create forms for the following QuickBooks modules: Customer, Vendor, Employee, Department, and Account. Currently, you can create one form per module. Learn how
When you create a form for a QuickBooks module, the module's mandatory fields are automatically added to the form. For example, if you create a form for the Employee module, the fields First Name and Last Name will be added automatically. You will not be allowed to delete these fields from the form as they are mandatory in QuickBooks.
The field palette displays the fields present in the selected module. You can add to your form the required fields, and rearrange them in the required order.
- Refer to this table to view, module-wise, the list of fields that you can add to your QuickBooks forms
- Refer to this page to learn more about the form builder for a QuickBooks module
Connecting with your QuickBooks account
To create a form for a module in your QuickBooks account, you must establish a connection. You may either use any of the QuickBooks connections added in your Account Settings > Connections page, or add one while creating the form.
When you're collaborating with users in an app, it is not enough to just enable them to submit data. You need to ensure that the data they are submitting is valid. Zoho Creator offers a wide range of options which you can use to define what happens, right from the moment a user accesses a form in your app, to what happens after a user submits the form.
You may use the following provisions to control and restrict the entries your users submit through your form:
- Display a captcha on your form: This can prevent form submission by malicious computer bots
- Define a geo-fence: You can define a geo-fence—a virtual fence around a geographical location, so that your form accepts entries only from within it
- Disable access to your form after a certain number of entries
- Restrict your form's availability: You can define the time range past which your form will not be accessible
- You can show your users a message
- You can enable your users to receive an email notification that can include the data they submitted
- You can redirect your users to a website or a component (form, report, or page) in your app
You can customize your form's appearance using the following:
- Field layout: You can arrange the fields in your form in a mixture of one-column, two-column, and three-column layouts. Learn how
- Label placement: This defines the alignment of field names (or labels), as well as whether they appear next to or above the field input areas. You can, from the available set of device-specific layouts, apply the most suitable one to your form:
- Label width: This refers to the width that the field names (or labels) occupy when a user accesses your form from a web browser. Learn more
- Field size: This refers to the length of a field's input area. Learn more
- Field height: This refers to the height of a field's input area. Learn more
- Themes: You can, from the available set of themes, apply the most suitable one to your form
You can create list reports for your integration forms (that connect to QuickBooks). This allows your users to view the data in your QuickBooks account without having to access it explicitly.
The following are the QuickBooks modules, and their fields, that you can add data to via forms in your Zoho Creator app:
|Account||Account Name (mandatory), Account Type (mandatory), Account Number, Description|
|Department||Department Name (mandatory)|
- The Role hierarchy will not be applicable for the integrations forms. So anyone who has access to integration report will have access to all the data irrespective of their role. For eg: If a user has 'View' permission then they can view all the data.
- The Delete option will not be available for the integration report records.
- The connection for the integration form with the external service will be only through the admin's Quickbooks account.