Understand form builder for Salesforce modules
The form builder is the interface for building and modifying forms in Zoho Creator. The following image shows the form builder of an Enter Account data
form - a form for the Account module in Salesforce.
- Field palette: This lists all the fields present in the selected module of Salesforce (which is Account in this example). You can scroll through the field palette to view all of them.
- Form: This is where you define the fields that your form is to contain. You can manage the fields in your form, which includes:
- Adding a field to your form
- Rearranging the fields in your form
- Deleting a field from your form: Deleting a field from your Salesforce form removes it from that form and lists it back in the field palette. As the data submitted through this type of form is stored in the selected module of Salesforce (and not stored in Zoho Creator), you do not lose any data when you delete a field from this form.
- Configure Field Properties: When you open the form builder, the first field in your form is selected by default and its Field Properties appear on the right. The properties of a field enable you to define the experience your users have when they enter data in that field.
- Configure Form Properties: When you click the Properties icon (as shown above), your form's properties will appear in place of Field Properties. The form properties enable you to define the experience your users have when they access your form to submit data.
- More options: When you click the More icon (as shown above), a menu will appear, from which you can:
- Rename your form: You can customize your form's name and link name
- Duplicate your form
- Delete your form: As the data submitted through this type of form is stored in the selected module of Salesforce (and not in Zoho Creator), you do not lose any data when you delete it from your app