Access forms offline from an iPhone
Your users can access all offline-capable forms cached in their iPhone. Refer to this page to learn which forms will not be available for offline access.
Access forms and submit data
- Access the mobile app on your iPhone. The Dashboard will appear. Apps that contain the cached forms will be displayed.
- Tap on an app. The cached forms in it will be displayed.
- Tap on a form to access it and submit data.
View, edit, and delete offline entries
- View the number of entries submitted offline in a banner, near the top of the Dashboard.
- Tap on the banner. All forms through which entries were submitted (while offline) will be listed. Below each form, the number of entries submitted through it will be displayed.
- Tap on a form. All the entries submitted through it (while offline) will be listed.
- Tap on an entry to view or edit the data in it.
- Tap the Edit icon on the top-right corner to edit that entry.
- Tap the Delete icon near the top-right corder ot delete that entry.
Auto-submission of offline entries
When the iPhone goes online, all offline entries will be submitted automatically.
Handle failed entries
When the iPhone goes online, the mobile app will auto-submit all offline entries. If there are failed entries, the number will be displayed in a banner near the top of the Dashboard.
- Tap on the banner. The forms that contain failed entries will be listed. Below each form, the number of failed entries in it will be displayed.
- Tap on a form. All its failed entries (submitted while offline) will be listed.
- Tap the Delete icon at the top-right corner of the screen, then select the records that you want to delete.
- Tap on an entry. Depending on why it failed form submission, an alert will be displayed. For example, if invalid data was submitted:
- An alert will appear
- Tap OK to close the alert and an error message will be displayed
- Edit the record and tap the submit button at the bottom of the screen to resubmit the entry