Understand checkbox fieldThe checkbox field enables your users to select one or more values from a predefined set of choices that are displayed as checkboxes.
When to use this field?You may consider the following pointers to determine when to use a checkbox field:
- Opt to use a checkbox field if the data that you want to enable your users to enter spans a defined set of choices, and one or more of these choices can be present per entry (or record).
- The multi-select field also enables your users to select multiple values from the predefined set of choices. Where the checkbox and multi-select fields differ is the way the choices are displayed when your users access them on a web-browser: as checkboxes and in a drop-down menu, respectively. (They look the same when accessed from a phone/tablet)
- If you want to enable your users to select a single value, you must opt to add a drop-down or radio field to your form.
- If you want to create a dynamic picklist that allows your users to select multiple values, then you must opt to use a multi-select lookup field.
Character limitsA choice displayed by the checkbox field contains up to 255 characters.
- You can manage the choices that the checkbox field displays:
- You can add or import choices, edit a choice, and delete a choice
- Define the order in which the choices are displayed: You can either arrange the choices manually in the required order or enable them to be displayed in the alphabetical order
- Rename the values provided as choices in your checkbox field
- Set an initial value: Initial value for a checkbox field refers to the choice that your users will see preselected when they access your form. Setting an initial value does not restrict your users from removing and selecting a different set of choices from the dropdown.
- Customize the field name and field link name of this field
- Make it mandatory for your users to enter an input in this field
- Enable showing this field only to the app’s admin (and hide it from other users)
- Change field type
- Set field size
- Enable displaying a tooltip message when your users hover their mouse on this field