Email data to a form
To define who can email data to your form
- Open the form builder.
- Click the Properties icon in the top-right of the form builder, as shown below. The FORM PROPERTIES pane will appear on the right.
- Navigate to the FORM PROPERTIES > Email Data section.
- Select the required value:
- Select Allow from Everyone to enable anyone to email data to your form. (They'll need to have your form's email template, withouth which they won't be able to email data to your form)
- Select Allow Only from Application Users to enable only your app's users, with whom you've shared this form and assigned the permission to create records in it, to email data to your form.
- Add an email or single-line field to your form. Set its field link name as ZC_From. This is to capture the From address of the email.
- Add a single-line or multi-line field to your form. Set its field link name as ZC_Subject. This is to capture the email's subject.
- Add a rich-text field to your form. Set its field link name as ZC_Content. This is to capture the email's body.
- Add a file-upload field to your form. Set its field link name as ZC_File. This is to capture an attachment in the email.
- If you expect multiple attachments in your incoming emails, you must add that many number of file-upload fields and set their field link names as ZC_File0, ZC_File1, and so on.
- The attachments in the incoming emails will be alphabetically captured, i.e., if the email has files "a.txt" and "b.pdf" attached, then "a.txt" will be captured by the field ZC_File0 and "b.pdf" by the field ZC_File1.