Prerequisites for Android code sign
You need the keystore file to code sign your Android app. To generate the keystore file:
- Replace <my-release-key.keystore> and <aliasname> with your desired file name and alias name, respectively, in the script below:
keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
- Open the Terminal or Command Prompt.
- Enter the modified script. You will be prompted to enter your Keystore password.
- Type the Keystore password and remember it for future use. Now you then be prompted to enter your personal details.
- Enter the required details.
- Press the return key (RETURN if same as Keystore password) when you are required to enter the key password.
The Keystore file will be generated and stored on your machine. Upload this file and fill in the relevant details to code sign the app.
- To facilitate generating the keystore file for Android, you must have an SDK or JDK set up. You can also use the Android Studio to create the file.