Understand publishing a page
All components in your Creator applications are subject to access control. In other words, only those whom you've permitted are allowed to access them. However, Creator allows you to publish your application components. This creates a parallel version of the component, which allows it to be publicly accessible (similar to any website or blog on the Web).
- How to publish a page
- Publish a page and its related components
- Things to know about publishing the page components
- Permalink and embed code
- Edit a page after publishing it
- Republish a page
Below is an image of a published page with its published components — search element, Personal Details form, and Volunteer Timings report.
Since pages allow you to build custom screens that can include multiple application components—forms, reports, and other pages inside it, Zoho Creator allows you to decide which component should be accessible in your page's published version. Thus while publishing a page:
- You'll also have to publish the components that you want to be accessible in your page's published version.
- You must edit your page and toggle the allow public access option for the required components.
Below are the components that can be displayed in the published version of your pages:
- The forms embedded in it
- The reports embedded in it
- The reports and pages that are associated with the search elements in it
Upon publishing a page, Zoho Creator generates a permalink and an embed code for it. The permalink can be shared with users and they will be able to access your page publicly. The embed code allows you to embed the page in your digital assets like websites and blogs.
Once published, any changes that you make to the page will automatically be reflected in its published version. However, to make the newly added component (form, report, or page) accessible in the published version, you'll have to:
- Navigate to your application's Settings and publish the component. Learn how to publish a form, report, and page
- Open your page's builder and toggle the Allow public access option to Yes. Learn how
You can also republish a published page. Republishing enables you to generate a new permalink and embed code for the same component while rendering its existing codes obsolete.