Table of Contents
A spreadsheet report allows you to view data, cellularly arranged, in rows and columns. It is similar to the grid report but is more user-friendly as the fields are sized according to the data present in them. Thus we see the entire data present in a field without having to click on it. A Spreadsheet report includes the following features:
- Easy data editing
- Data Cut/Copy/Paste
- Replace data
- Undo/Redo Options
- Autofill Data
The options to Add, Modify and Delete records will be displayed only if the Edit permissions are provided for this report, by the application owner. A Spreadsheet report does not support Set Grouping, Custom Action, Record Summary and Set Column Widths.
- Spreadsheet report is not supported if there is any client side Deluge Script configured in the form (i.e) On Edit -> On Load script (or)On User Input script for any field.
- Select Create New -> Report option. The dialog to create the new report will be displayed.
- Specify the Report name. The Report name is the name displayed in the View header and the view link name is the name displayed in the URL while accessing the report.
- Select the Report Type as Spreadsheet.
- Select the Form based on which this new report is to be created.
- Place this report under: If you have created sections under which the existing forms/reports are to be displayed in Live Mode, all the existing sections will be displayed here. Select the section under which the new report will be displayed. If no sections are created, the report will be placed under "Home".
- Click Create or Create and Customize to create the Spreadsheet report. The new report named Spreadsheet report is created as shown in the screen-shot below. You can make the required configurations to this report using the option displayed on the left-side tree. Each option is explained in separate topics as listed below:
- Display Properties : You can configure the report Type and the number of records to displayed per page from the Display Properties link. Learn more..
- Column Properties: You can control the display of columns and also change the display name of the columns here.
- Set Criteria: You can set criteria to create reports with specialized reporting needs. Learn more..
- Set Filters: Filters are a set of named criteria that allows you to select only specific entries in a report. Learn more..
- Set Sorting: By default, a spreadsheet report displays the records in the order in which they are added. (i.e.) latest records are listed on top. You can sort records by a specific column/column(s) in ascending or descending order to display meaningful reports. Learn more..
- Set Access Permissions: Users will be able to add, edit or delete records in a report only if access permission is provided by the app owner. Learn more..
A spreadsheet report that displays the list of Sales made grouped by product, the date of sales and the amount of sales done along with the profit
You can easily navigate a Spreadsheet report that has thousands of records using the navigation links that are placed below the view header. You can also specify the number of records to be displayed per page. Selecting the <range> of many link will display the total number of records in the report. To move forward through records in the spreadsheet report, click the arrow that points to the right. To move back, click the arrow that points to the left.
Once created it is easy to manage a spreadsheet report while it is displayed on your screen. You don't even need to open it in the report tab.
- View filtered records
- Search the report
- Change the display format of the report
- Create personalized reports by saving the changes made to the report as new reports.
- Export data in different formats
- Print data.
In addition to the above actions, the app owner can perform the following actions:
- Import data to the report
- Get the report permalink
- Embed the report in his website/blog.
All this can be done right from the spreadsheet report that is displayed on the screen. Shared users can create personalized reports by saving the changes made to their report as new reports. Read How
It is possible to perform various actions on a Spreadsheet report using keyboard shortcuts as follows:
|Cut the data present in a field||Ctrl + X (Cmd + X on a Mac)|
|Copy the data present in a field||Ctrl + C (Cmd + C on a Mac)|
|Paste data in a field||Ctrl + V (Cmd + V on a Mac)|
|Undo last action||Ctrl + Z (Cmd + Z on a Mac)|
|Redo last action||Ctrl + Y (Cmd + Y on a Mac)|
|Edit a cell||F2 or Enter (Fn + F2 on a Mac)|
|Save||Ctrl + S (This command works only when the save button is in enabled state)|
|Cancel cell entry||Esc Key|
|Delete selected cell||Delete|
|Move to next cell in row||Tab|
|Move to previous cell in row||Shift + Tab|
|Move to start of row||Home (Fn + Left arrow on a Mac)|
|Move to end of row||End (Fn + Right arrow on a Mac)|
|Select whole spreadsheet||Ctrl + A (Cmd + A on a Mac)|
|Navigate||Key Up / Key Down|
|Select Option||Enter / Space|
|Close Option||Tab / Esc Key|
Autofill Data - Data present in a field can be dragged or copied over to connected fields along a row or a column. To do so, place the cursor as shown below. Now click and drag the cursor along a column or a row and release the click to autofill the same data in the other fields. In the example given below, if the cursor is dragged along the column "Inv.No.", all the fields in the "Inv.No." column would get filled with "22".
- Double click to edit Single Select/ Multi Select / Zoho Crm fields.
- Date/ Date-Time fileds are single click events.
- Right clicking on a field gives you options to Replace data and Delete records.