A Grid report presents a tabular view of data, where each column represents a field and each row represents a record. It is similar to a spreadsheet. The grid report enables you to edit your records very easily. The options to Add, Modify and Delete records will be displayed only if the Edit permissions are provided for this report, by the application owner.
- Any Deluge script has been added to the On Edit > On Load workflow block of the form it is based on, or the On User Input workflow block of any field (in that form)
- The form it is based on, contains a lookup field that has the 'Set Filter' configured
- Select Create New -> Report option. The dialog to create the new report will be displayed.
- Select the Report Type as Grid.
- Specify the Report name. The Report name is the name displayed in the report header and the view link name is the name displayed in the URL while accessing the report.
- Select the Form based on which this new report is to be created.
- Place this report under: If you have created sections under which the existing forms/reports are to be displayed in Live Mode, all the existing sections will be displayed here. Select the section under which the new report will be displayed. If no sections are created, the report will be placed under "Home".
- Click Create or Create and Customize to create the Grid report. The new report named Grid report is created as shown in the screen-shot below. You can make the required configurations to this report using the option displayed on the left-side tree. Each option is explained in separate topics as listed below:
- Display Properties : You can configure the report Type and the number of records to displayed per page from the Display Properties link. Learn more..
- Column Properties: You can control the display of columns and also change the display name of the columns here.
- Set Column Widths: You can specify the width of columns by providing the appropriate width in pixels/percentage. Learn more..
- Set Criteria: You can set criteria to create reports with specialized reporting needs. Learn more..
- Set Filters: Filters are a set of named criteria that allows you to select only specific entries in a report. Learn more..
- Set Grouping: You can group your data based on specific fields in a report. Grouping creates sub-lists within a grid report. Learn more..
- Set Sorting: By default, a grid report displays the records in the order in which they are added. (i.e.) latest records are listed on top. You can sort records by a specific column/column(s) in ascending or descending order to display meaningful reports. Learn more..
- Set Access Permissions: Users will be able to add, edit or delete records in a report only if access permission is provided by the app owner. Learn more..
- Custom Actions: Custom Actions are actions performed on selected records in a report by executing function calls. Learn more..
- Record summary : The Record Summary feature enables you to create a customized summary for each record, by just dragging and dropping the fields required.Learn more..
- To view the records in a grid report, click on the "Access this application" button and select the grid report to be displayed. For example, select the Grid report we have created above. The report displays the records in spreadsheet format.
A grid report that displays the list of Sales made grouped by product and the total units sold for each product
You can easily navigate a grid report that has thousands of records using the navigation links that are placed below the report header. You can also specify the number of records to be displayed per page. Selecting the <range> of many link will display the total number of records in the report. To move forward through records in the grid report, click the arrow that points to the right. To move back, click the arrow that points to the left.
Once created it is easy to manage a grid report while it is displayed on your screen. You don't even need to open it in the report tab.
- You can sort/group by any column in the report
- View filtered records
- Search the report
- Show/hide columns in the report
- Change the display format of the report
- Create personalized reports by saving the changes made to the report as a new reports.
- Export data in different formats
- Print data.
In addition to the above actions, the app owner can perform the following actions:
- Import data to the report
- Get the report permalink
- Embed the report in his website/blog.
All this can be done right from the grid report that is displayed on the screen. Shared users can create personalized reports by saving the changes made to their report as a new reports. Read How