About the Workbook
Zoho Creator with its drag-and-drop builder makes it extremely easy for business users to build their own custom apps on the cloud. This workbook comprises of a series of tutorials that shows you how to create a cloud application with Zoho Creator.
The instructions in the workbook starts with creating a simple order management application to receive and view orders. It incrementally adds simple business logic that validates the order and sends confirmation emails. The advanced workflow calculates total order value, automates inventory management, generates purchase order and custom reports, and also teaches you how to write efficient code with reusable functions. Each tutorial is a build up of the previous tutorial, thereby establishing a smooth flow from successful order placement to fulfillment, inventory management, data analysis and reporting.
The Advanced app building part teaches you advanced app building concepts ike subforms, custom actions and creating custom html pages that make the order management app more powerful.
Table of Contents
- Supported Browsers
- Sign up with Zoho Creator
- Install the application in your account (Optional)
Zoho Creator supports the following browsers
- Internet Explorer 8 and above
- Microsoft Edge
- IE versions 10 and above support the new UI of Zoho Creator.
This tutorial is intended for users new to the Zoho Creator platform and developers who wish to learn more about Deluge Scripting and build custom applications for their business.
New users have to create an account with Zoho Creator. To sign up with Creator,
- In your browser, go to creator.zoho.com
- Click on the Sign Up link and proceed by entering the details required.
- Click on the Start your trial button to set up an enterprise trial account with Zoho.
This workbook comprises of two applications:
- Order Management Application: Developers who are already familiar with the application creation concepts, creating relationships, adding simple to advanced worflows, configuring schedules and functions etc. can directly install this application to your Zoho Creator account and skip the steps in Tutorial 1 to 3.
- Order Management using Subforms: Developers who are already familiar with subforms, subform script actions, custom actions and HTML pages can directly install this application to your Zoho Creator account and skip the steps in Tutorial 4.
To install the application to your account:
- Download the .ds file. 1. Order Management App 2. Order Management App using SubForms.
- Click on Create Application from your Zoho Creator Home page and select Import File option.
- In the Import File page choose Local File as the data location.
- Select the .ds file and click on Create.
- The application will be installed and listed in your Zoho Creator home page.