Table of Contents
The application owner can add new users with Role as User or Developer. A User is a person who can access the application or specific forms or reports in the application shared to him, based on the access permissions provided. He cannot create or edit applications in the owner or admin's workspace. A user who is configured as a Developer can create and access the applications in admin's workspace, if the admin provides edit permissions for the same. A Workspace refers to the common space provided to a set of users to facilitate complete management of the applications and work as a cohesive unit.
The application owner or admin can add new users from the Application Settings dialog or directly from the Share tab of a specific application or by adding deluge script.
To add users from the Share tab:
- Select the Application name or Page header or the form/report displayed on the left-side. For example, selecting the application name will enable access to all the forms and reports in the application.
- Click on Invite tab. This will display the Share dialog where you can enter new email addresses or share your application with existing users by selecting Select Users link.
- Click Share to add the users.
- You can set the role as User or Developer by selecting Manage users option.
The Share/UnShare Deluge task can be used in form/field action scripts to dynamically share or unshare an email address to your application, page, form or report, without going into the edit mode of the application. This feature enables the owner of an application to define roles like HR Manager, Employee, etc and add logic to share the forms/reports with users, based on the roles assigned. To share your application dynamically using Deluge Scripting, refer Deluge Reference -> Sharing
A developer is a user to whom the permission to edit the application can be provided.To add a Developer to your account:
- Click Setup on the homepage. The Setup page appears.
- Select Manage Users tab.
- Click on Add User. The Add User pop-up appears.
- Enter the email address of the user and select the role as Developer from the given checkboxes.
- Click Add to add the user to the list. (The Role can be changed through the change link displayed next to the Role of a user.)
- Share the application with the developer.
- Select the developer from the Choose developer option in the Application Settings page. The developer will be able to access/edit the shared application from the workspace Apps. For more details, please refer the following link.
Only one user can be configured as a developer for an application
- For newly created Zoho Creator Accounts, a Developer can be added by going to Application settings > General > Change Developer.