Set Field Permissions
With the field-level security, you can control the access rights of creator fields for various profiles. This will ensure smooth security at the field-level, allowing users to access the fields that are relevant to their job profile. For example, in a Support Management application, Status of the cases can be hidden for the users other than customer support persons.
- This feature is available only for new accounts created after April 2014. We are currently working on migrating the old accounts to support this feature. Note that migration is taking place on request basis. Please contact email@example.com for any clarifications.
To manage field-level access:
- Go to Application Settings.
- Select Users & Permissions tab.
- Select Field Permissions. The Field Permissions page appears.
- Select Profile from the drop-down list.
- Select Module from the drop-down list to filter and view the fields of the selected module only. All the fields available in the selected module will be listed.
- Click Edit.
- The Edit button will not appear for default profiles such as "Administrator", "User" and "Member". Any other profile created by you can have their permissions edited using the Edit button.
- Select or clear the check boxes for the fields according to your organization’s field-level access control requirements.
- Click Save. The field-level access is defined.