Set Access Permissions for Fields
With the field-level security, you can control the access rights of creator fields for various profiles. This will ensure smooth security at the field-level, allowing users to access the fields that are relevant to their job profile. For example, In a "Support Management" application, "Status" of the cases can be hidden for the users other than customer support persons.
To manage field-level access
- Go to Application Settings > Users & Permissions > Field Permissions.
- In the Field Permissions page do the following:
- Select Profile from the drop-down list.
- Select Module from the drop-down list to filter and view the fields of the selected module only.
- All the fields available in the selected module will be listed.
- Click Edit.
- Select or clear the check boxes for the fields according to your organization’s field-level access control requirements.
- Click Save.