The first thing you see after logging into your Zoho Creator account is your Home page. This is where you start creating new applications, and where you get to view all the applications that you have access to.
The Home page enables you to:
- Create new applications
- View the applications you have access to
- Manage applications
- Search for applicationss by their names
- Manage your subscription
- Access your account's setup
- Change your profile picture and access your Zoho account
The Home page offers two ways for you to create applications. Learn about creating applications
- Click the New Application button near the top-right corner of the page to create an application from scratch or install a pre-built application from Zoho Creator's gallery.
- Click Import a File button near the top-right corner of the page to import your data and create an application for it.
By default, the Home page displays all applications that you have access to. However, you can filter your applications by selecting the required choice from the dropdown on the right:
- Owned by me lists the applications you created
- Shared with me lists the applications that are directly shared with you
- Shared with my groups lists the applications that are shared with a group that you're part of
- Upon selecting a workspace, you'll see applications you created there and applications shared (with you) from there. Note: You can't switch workspaces using this filter. You’ll have to access your account's Setup for that.
Each card represents an application and shows the following information:
- For applications you created:
- For applications shared with you:
The application's icon is automatically generated based on its name, like the Employee Management application above. You can customize it — set an icon and its background color from the application's Settings page, the General tab. This will help you quickly identify applications.
When you view the home page of a shared workspace, the workspace name will be shown on top, and all the applications you have access to (in that workspace) will be listed:
You'll get to manage the applications subject to the level of your access to them. Hovering on an application's card will display the following options:
- Edit: Clicking this will take you to the application's Design page. This option will be available in the applications you create and in the apps shared with you, which you have the permission to edit.
- Share: Clicking this will take you to the application's Users page, which comes under your application's Settings. You'll be able to manage the users, roles, and permissions in that application. This option will be available in the applications you create and in the apps shared with you, which you have the permission to edit.
- More: Hovering on this will show the Settings, Duplicate, and Delete options.
- Clicking Settings will take you to your application's Settings page.
- Clicking Duplicate will create a duplicate application, except that the new application will not contain any data.
- Clicking Delete will delete the application and the data within. If the application is referred to in another application (via lookup field), Zoho Creator will prompt. You'll be allowed to delete only when the application's not referred to elsewhere.
When you type in the search bar, displayed near the top-left of the home page, applications that match your input will be displayed. The filter you set, as mentioned in this section, will also be applied when you search.
Clicking Subscription from the top-right corner of the home page will take you to the page from where you can manage the aspects of your subscription to Zoho Creator. Learn more
Clicking the Setup icon near the top-right corner of the home page will take you to your Zoho Creator account's Setup page. Learn more
Clicking your profile picture from the top-right corner of the home page will open a pane that displays your profile picture and account details. Clicking your profile picture or My account, will take you to your Zoho account's Profile page's Personal Information tab. Refer to account overview to learn more.