A Portal is a great way for an organization to allow its users to log in to their dedicated internal system and access restricted data. Instead of building your own authentication and security mechanisms, you can use Zoho Creator portals. Your users will be able to sign up with your portal instead of signing up with Zoho's account.
Your users can log in to your dedicated portal, access applications shared with them, submit data, and most importantly, view and edit the records. Portal provides you with an opportunity to present your application with a brand identity personal to your organization.
You manage and configure various characteristics of the portal. The characteristics of the portal are as follows:
- Portal users are the users of the customer portal. You can add portal users individually or import them in bulk. Once added, they will be sent an invite requesting that they register for the portal. Learn more.
- Permissions can be granted by the admin to the users of the portal. Learn more.
- Email notifications help the admin of the portal communicate with the portal users. Customize the different types of emails that are sent to the portal users. Learn more.
- Portal pages are displayed to the user of the customer portal when they have to login, signup, or reset the password. Learn more.
- Custom domain helps the admin host the customer portal on their own domain instead of the default Zoho Creator domain. Learn more.
- Portal types are the types of access that will be granted to the portal. The portal type can be Public, Private, or Restricted. Learn more.
- Title and logo will be displayed when the portal is opened in a browser.