Configure portal type
To configure portal type:
- Click Portal under the Deploy section.
- A list of portals will be displayed. Click on the required portal.
- Click Settings button.
- The Update Portal Settings tab will appear. The Portal Type option is used to select the type of portal from three available types : Public, Private, and Restricted.
- The default portal type is Public. In this type, anyone with the link to the portal can join the portal.
- In the private option, only the invited customers will be able to join the portal. You can also choose a default permission to be assigned.
- In the Restricted option, the customer can join only after their sign-up to the portal is approved. Check the respective notification boxes to select users or customers for notification alert on sign-up. Checking the Auto approve Zoho CRM contacts will let users in Zoho CRM Contacts to be approved automatically.
- After making the necessary changes, click Update. The new portal type will be displayed beneath the domain name.