Using mobile native app - iPhone
Table of Contents
- Personal Apps, Shared Apps and Workspace Apps
- Forms and reports listing
- Viewing Records
- Search, Filter and Group records
- Edit, Delete and Duplicate records
- Apply Custom Actions
- Calendar View
- Accessing an app from multiple devices
Zoho Creator native app for iPhone offers mobile access to your Zoho Creator applications available on the web. The app is available in the following site for download.
You can access your Zoho Creator apps from the drop-down present on top of your Zoho Creator dashboard. This contains All my applications, Owned by me, Shared with me and Shared with my groups.
- The All my applications section lists all the apps that are created by you and shared with you or any group that you are a part of
- The Owned by me section lists the apps that are created by you
- The Shared with me section lists the apps that are shared with you, or shared with a group that you are a part of
- The Shared with my groups section lists the apps that are shared with a group that you are a part of
Panel showing All, Owned and Shared Apps
Once you touch open the required section, for example - Apps owned by me, all apps created by you get listed under the "Owned by me" header. Tap on the app you wish to access which will load all the forms along with reports of that app. From here, you can view records or access forms to submit records.
Screenshot of creator mobile app displaying an application with list of forms and reports
To open a form or a report, just tap on the respective tab. For example, tap on "Sales" to open the Sales Form.
Screenshot showing a creator form
It is possible to view records of a particular application just by tapping on the respective report of that application. Lets say, you tap on "Sales Data" Application to view its records. This will display all the forms and reports of that application. Now tap on the respective report to view its records. For example, when you tap on "Sales Report", it will display all the records of that report in a list view
Screenshot showing records in a list view
When you tap on a record, the record details get displayed. For example, when you click on the record "Doctor", it will display all the details of that record.
Screenshot showing record details
To open a particular view/report, tap on the corresponding view/report. All the records containing in that report get dispayed in a list format. On the top, you have options to "Search", "Filter" and "Group" the records.
Screenshot showing "Search", "Filter" and "Group" options
- The "Search" option enables you to search for records. You have the option to select a particular field and search with a keyword. This fetches all the related records from that particular field.
- "Filters" are a set of named criteria that allows you to select only specific entries in a report. The "Filter" option shows up only if there are any filters set up in report settings. Those filters can be applied here from the "Filter" option.
- The "Group" option allows you to group the records based on the selected fields. Records with same value for the selected fields will be grouped together and the value appears as a heading above all records containing that value.
- Subsequent search and filter actions will display a history icon inside them to perform previous search and filter operations.
When you open reports, there is an icon on the top right corner of the screen. Tapping on that icon gives you the option to select the required records to Add, Edit, Delete and Duplicate them.
- Edit option enables you to edit records. You can choose to select one record or multiple records at the same time by check marking the records you want to edit.
- Delete option allows you to delete records, one or multiple, by check marking the records you want to delete.
- Duplicate option allows you to duplicate one or more records, by check marking the records you want to duplicate.
Bulk Edit/Delete/Duplicate: As the name suggests, this feature allows you to edit, delete or duplicate more than 1 record at a time. Once you select the edit, delete or duplicate option, it gives you the option to select more than one record to perform the action.
Individual Edit/Delete/Duplicate: Apart from bulk edit/delete/duplicate, you also have the option perform the action on individual records. This includes selecting just one record at a time and performing the required action.
Note: Personal Apps always have the bulk edit/delete/duplicate option enabled as you are the owner of the app. But shared apps need to have the Bulk option enabled by the app owner for you to use it.
The native mobile app also supports Custom Actions. Any functions that have been configured as custom actions can be invoked from the reports page. Tapping the icon on the top right corner gives you the option to select the required records and perform the custom actions. You can choose to invoke the custom actions for one or multiple records at a time.
Calendar Views are also supported in the native app. If you have created a report with calendar type for an application, it gets displayed in the native mobile app. You can choose to set month view or day view by selecting the required option from the top of the screen.
Screenshot displaying a "Calendar view"
While viewing a record in the "day-view", date-time fields are displayed along with the time and date fields are considered to be full events. For example, if an event starts at 10:00 AM on 1st May and ends at 10:00 PM on 3rd May, then 2nd May is shown as a full event while 1st May and 3rd May are displayed as starting and ending with 10:00 AM and 10:00 PM respectively
At a given instance, you can log in to your Zoho account (and access your Zoho Creator apps) from a maximum of 10 mobile devices. To remove the unused sessions:
- Visit https://accounts.zoho.com.
- Click Active Authtokens.
- Search for "Creator" under the column Service and remove those auth tokens.
- When a user accesses from an iPhone, a file upload field accepts a file of size up to 5 MB
- Limited support for Pages. Refer to this page to learn more.
- When a user accesses from an iPhone, editing data in rich text fields is not supported
- Collection of payment on form submission is not supported. In other words, if you have configured a form to collect payment when a user submits that form, record creation will occur but redirection to the payment gateway will not occur.