Import Local File
You can import an existing file stored in your device, to build an Application in Zoho Creator. To import a file,
- Navigate to the home page of your Zoho Creator Account and click on Import a File icon on the top right corner.
- Click on Drag and Drop your File page and select the source as From Computer, or simply drag-n-drop the required file here.
- In the next popup, select the file you need to upload. Once the file has been uploaded, you can see a summarized view of the data being imported and it’s concurrent layout in terms of an Application.
- The data in the first row will be displayed as the default Label Name for each column. First Row is the default option for Consider the Label Name. You can edit it as Second or None Row. You can type a new name in the Label Name box or modify the displayed names.
- The default Field Type is displayed based on the type of data pasted for each column. If a field type is not correct, select the appropriate field type from the drop-down list.
- The Application name can be edited from the top left corner.
- Click on Settings on the right, for the following options:
- On Import Error - Allows you to skip or set empty values for the row which encounters an error.
- Time Zone - Set time format for time field values.
- Date Format - Set Date format for date field values.
- Click on Create on top right corner to create an Application with the imported data.
- If the data is imported successfully you will see the below popup. Click on Access Application to access this newly built Application, post which you will be redirected to the Live mode of the Application.