Import Local File
To create an application by importing an xls, xlsx, csv, tsv, ods, ds file,
- Select the Import File icon from the Create New Application dialog and choose the data location as "Local File"
- Browse and select the required xls, xlsx, csv, tsv, ods, ds file.
- Click on Create to create an application from the input file.
- The "Importing Data" dialog will display the data from the excel file.
- The default Field Type is displayed based on the type of data pasted for each column. If a field type is not correct, select the appropriate field type from the drop-down list.
- The data in the first row will be displayed as the default Label Name for each column. If the option Consider first row as Label Names is unchecked, the Label Name will be left blank. You can type a new name in the Label Name box or modify the displayed names.
- If the data contains a date field, select the required date format from the list of supported date formats. Click Finish to create the application with the form data.
- The created application with form and view will be directly displayed in Access mode.