FAQS - Reports
- How can I allow a user to delete only his own records?
- How can I allow a user to modify only his own records?
- Can I save the filter/search configurations that I make to my view in Live mode?
- Can I remove the option to view the Record summary from my embedded view?
- Can I export only the records that are limited by searching or filtering?
- I would like to create a calender view based on the date-time field, to see the clients appointment times at a glance. Can this be done?
- How do I enable export options (print, CVS, etc.) for a view embedded in my HTML page?
The following code added to the On delete ->validate block of the Workflow tab, will be executed when a record is deleted. If the added user name is not the same as the login username, the record will not be deleted.
alert "You can delete only your records";
The following code added to the On edit ->validate block of the Workflow tab will be executed when a record is edited. If the added user name is not the same as the login username, the record is not allowed for editing.
alert "You can modify only your records";
Whenever you have filtered/searched records in the view, Zoho Creator automatically displays the Settings -> Save Changes option. You can save the configurations and also create a new view based on the filtered/searched records in the view.
By default, Header, Paging, Record Summary and Search options will be displayed in an embedded view. The application owner can remove these items from the embedded report by deselecting the required items and then copy-paste the <iframe> code to the website/blog.
*Header: The header represents the title of the report.
*Paging: Paging is the facility to configure the number of records to be displayed in a page view.
*Record Summary: The record summary enable users to view the summary of each record.
*Search: The Search option will enable users to search records in a view by specifying the required criteria.
Yes, you can export only the records that are limited by searching or filtering. Zoho Creator automatically exports only the filtered/searched records after you click on Settings Icon -> Export to export the records.
A calender view based on a date-time field, will display only the date and not the time. When you click on the link, the entire record will pop up which will contain all the fields values. Display of time directly in a calender view is currently not supported. As a workaround, you can follow the steps given below to display the time entered in the date-time field.
- Add a Formula field to the form and write the expression as (((((Appdate.getHour())) + ":") + (Appdate.getMinutes())) + " ") + Name, where Appdate is the name of the Date-time field and Name is a text field, to enter the name of the customer.
- In the Edit mode of the View, select the Set Display type as List View and click Done.
- In the Preview, drag-n-drop the Formula field be the first column in the List View.
- Now, change the Set Display type as Calendar View and click Done.
The calender view will display the output of the formula in the format "3:30 Airtel", where 3:30 is the time entered in the date-time field and Airtel is the name entered in the Name field.
While embedding a report, the user is given the option to enable/disable the "Export" option. If the "Export" option is checked, the embedded report can be exported directly from the HTML page. Learn how to embed a report.