Who is a Zoho Creator User ?
A user is an individual who has access to a Zoho Creator workspace and Zoho Creator applications subject to permissions granted by the admin. The application owner can add a user and control his/her role within the application. The admin can control permissions for users. The number of users with whom an application can be shared depends on the pricing plan subscribed by the admin. For example, if the admin has subscribed to the Profession plan, he can add a total of 10 users, 1 being the admin. The admin can add a user with role as "User" or "Developer".
- A User can only access the shared application based on the access permissions configured by the admin. He/she cannot edit the application in the admin's workspace.
- A Developer can create applications in admin's workspace. He can access and edit the shared applications in admin's workspace, if the admin provides edit permissions for the same.
The admin can add new users, delete existing users, activate or deactivate users, change roles from the Manage Users page. Click on the Setup link displayed on the top-right corner of your Home page, to access the Manage users page.
Add / Delete User
To add a new user,
- Click on Invite Users.
- Specify the email addresses.
- Select the role as User or Developer
- Click Add to add them to the list of users. By default, a user will be added as 'Active' with role as 'User'. Adding a user does not send an invite mail to that user.
- Old accounts will have Add Users instead of Invite Users. We are currently working on migrating the old accounts to new ones. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any clarifications.
To delete a user,
- Select the user
- Click on Delete User button.
Added users can only access the admin's workspace. They cannot perform any actions unless they are explicitly granted permissions by the account admin. As an admin, you can grant the following permissions to users:
- Create Applications - Allow users to create applications in your workspace. Please note that users cannot access apps created by them in admin's workspace, unless it is shared by the admin.
- Account Setup - Allow users to access your "Account Setup" section.
- Subscription - Allow users to view your subscription details
To grant permissions, hover your cursor on the added user and click on Permissions. Check the required permissions and click on OK.
- Set Permissions feature is applicable only for newly created accounts. We are currently working on migrating the old accounts to new ones. Please contact email@example.com for any clarifications.
Activate /Deactivate User
By default a user will be added as 'Active'. You can share your application only with users whose status is 'Active'. To deactivate/activate a user, just click on the Status button.
- If you want to remove sharing access temporarily for a particular user, simply set his status as 'Inactive'. When the status is 'Inactive' users will not be able to access the application. And when you want to give back access, just switch the status to 'Active'.
To change the role of a user from Developer to User or vice versa, select the change link that is displayed for each user role in the Manage Users page.
- For newly created Zoho Creator Accounts, a Developer can be added by going to Application settings > General > Change Developer.
Edit Permission to Shared Users