Low-code platforms for the logistics industry: Greater efficiency for faster delivery
The logistics industry is a multi tiered business with many different parties involved. In order to ensure smooth communication and effective distribution, logisticians need an efficient way of managing information that can be accessed from anywhere in the world at a moment's notice.
In the logistics world, time is money—and any wasted time can quickly add up and eat into profits.
That's why low-code platforms are such a valuable tool for companies in this industry. Low-code systems provide logistics businesses with increased efficiency, reduced costs, and improved operational effectiveness. For instance, they can be used for inventory management by automatically generating ordering forms that calculate stock levels at every point in the supply chain network, which results in more accurate reporting of supplier performance.
Also, since all data is machine-readable, the tool will automatically reduce margins based on preset inputs on obsolete goods or services and help companies make quick decisions.
Some benefits of using low-code in the logistics industry
- There are many benefits to using low-code in the logistics industry:
- Eliminate supply chain bottlenecks
- Enable responsive and efficient operations
- Improve safety by enabling real-time tracking and transportation information
- Reduce costs for dynamic updating
- Provide the flexibility to innovate with oversight
- Rapidly implement changes to create a more resilient business process
Some low-code use cases in the logistics industry
- Automating inventory management
- Stock optimization
- Powerful cross-border supplier management
- Generating ordering forms
- Calculating stock levels
- Reporting on supplier performance
- Tracking and transportation
- Updating information in real time
It's important to think of the supply chain as a whole when designing and executing your business process. This means that, if you want your company's supply chain to function at its best, then it needs an integrated solution which takes into account every component—from orders to delivery.
A low-code platform will model all aspects of the supply chain and monitor performance for improvement opportunities across every step, in order to provide you with an end-to-end solution that handles everything from design to execution. The result? Improved insights for better decision-making capabilities across the board—something any modern enterprise deserves.