Groups are a great way to collaborate. Groups make your team faster, smarter and more connected with advanced collaboration and admin capabilities.
To create a new group,
- Click on the + on the right side of All Groups header in the left navigation pane.
- This opens the New window where you have the option to create the group.
- Enter the Group name and description of why the group is created.
- Upload a Group Logo image in the space provided for the same.
- If its a Private group, you can select members to invite to the group
To access a group,
You have control over who can access the created group. The group can either be private or public based on what the moderator opts to choose.
- Private Group - If you choose to select this option then this will be "only to the members of the group".
- Public Group- If you choose to select this option then this will be "visible to all members in the company".
Once you have created the group,
- You can post links related on the wall.
- You can add apps to the groups.
- Apps like Chat, Wiki, Files, Forums.
- You can also create custom applications for the group.
There are three setting sections in Groups. Based on the settings we provide, the group created will function accordingly. The group admin is the person who either created the group or the person to whom the permission is given to moderate and handle the settings of the group.
Here you can moderate the following settings.
- The group admin can change Logo of the group.
- You can edit the name and description of the group even after it's been created.
- You can change permission access to Public or private.
- Click save changes once it's all done.
Here you moderate the members belonging to the group.
- You can add new members if it's private group.
- You can set permission level for the users.
- Member: A user set with this permission has permission to only behave as a member and can comment and post anything within the group.
- Viewer: A user set with this permission has permission to only behave as viewer where he or she can view comments and posts and no response can be made.
- Admin: A user set with this permission has permissions to behave as an admin, he can comment, post anything. Change settings and delete the group if he or she wishes to do so.
Using this option you can organise the app tabs on the group. You can add or disable depending on your discretion. You can interchange tabs positions within the group wall by clicking and dragging the tab order.
Adding Apps: You can choose to add apps like blogs, forums, wiki, files or custom applications .
Disable apps: You can disable apps that were added. By disabling you would be actually hiding the tab from the group wall.
Delete a Group: You can delete a group by choosing the delete group option on the right side corner of the group settings page
Post moderation allows the administrator to decide whether or not to moderate posts that users submit.To change moderation settings for posts published on the groups.
- Click on the Settings icon on the group wall.
- Here you can enable or disable post moderation.
To add a new user as moderator
- Click on the settings icon on the group wall.
- Click on the Moderators tab.
- Click on the Add Users button.
- Select users and click Add.
The new user will be added to the group. You can click on the drop down menu next to the user's name and select whether he/she would be moderator.
To view posts awaiting moderation
- The group admin can click on the Moderation icon on top,next to the search field.
- A list of posts will be displayed here, and the admin can either approve or delete the post immediately.
- Only the admin can add moderators, and there is no limit to the number of moderators.
Zoho Connect pages help teams and groups to talk about their project related information. It is better way to announce office-based events, departmental releases and fun at work events as well.
Click on the Pages icon.
You will be redirected to another page, where you can see "All pages", "My pages" and "Following"
- All pages : This is list of all pages created across the company.
- My Pages: This is list of pages created by a particular individual.
- Following: This is list of pages that you are following.
- Under All pages you have option to Follow a page instead of directly navigating to the particular page to follow the topic.
To create a Page,
- Click on New Page.
- You will be redirected to a URL to create new Page
- Enter "Name" and "Description" for the page.
- Click "Create Page" button.
- Once you have created the page, you can "Publish" it by making a few edits.
To upload an image,
- Click on "Change Logo".
- Select a Logo that you would like the for the page to carry
- Click Save.
- Click on Change Banner
- Select the "Banner Image" and click Save.
- Once you have a page created there are ready available sub-pages such as "Wall" and "About". You can also add sub- pages.
To add sub-page tab,
- Click on the "+" sign
- A widget by the name " New Sub page" opens.
- Enter the "name" and select the template type.
- Click Create if you want create the sub page .
To add Content to the sub pages, click on Edit and the visual editor opens up for you to make edits.
To manage page settings. Click on Settings button on the right side corner of the page. Here you can organise the sub pages and you can also add admin.
Organise Sub pages
To organise click on the drag- drop button and drag the section to order the tabs you would like to on the page.
Here you can grant permissions to another user to moderate the page.
- Just click on Add admin option to add from the list of users.
- Once you have selected click on Select option.
- The users are added to the tab.
- Click add button and the page administration permissions are given to
- You can give permissions to two or more people depending on the usability of the page.